To make a difference
  • theswordofhope
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

To make a difference

by theswordofhope » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 am

My name is Chris Bryant and I am a published author. I began a project on kickstarter and I want to share my reason with you.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/681 ... iny-awaits

Some things can't be put into words. Some emotions run too deep. My project, getting my book made into a game, is not only for myself. When I began writing, things were simple. It was about sharing my gift with the world. Just before publication, tragedy struck my family. Within 3 years, I lost my Dad, my Grandfather, both of my Great Grandparents, and one of my best friends. To add to that, my mom, now a widow, was diagnosed with the same disease that claimed my Grandfather's life, Parkinsons.

I chose at that point to move out of my apartment, leaving my roommates, to do the responsible thing: take care of my mother. For the last 5 years, I have lived here with her trying to take care of her and it's hard. It gets worse everyday. I remember the woman who was so strong, who used to take walks, worked all the time, had a great attitude. Now, she sleeps all the time and can't remember what happened that morning.

Here's why I began this project. Like my book, I want to not only share with the world, but I want to be able to earn a revenue stream where I can take care of her needs without having to leave her alone for multiple hours a day. I want to give her the peace of mind that everything is taken care of. I can't do that without your help. I'm asking you to take compassion for this situation and pledge towards this project, towards her future. Thank you.

Chris Bryant

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: To make a difference

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy you have experienced and wish you well. In my personal experience, a charity-centric pitch doesn't go over well on Kickstarter - it does better on Indiegogo or GoFundMe. Would really recommend asking a friend to pledge to get your funds up from $0 pledged. Not many strangers are willing to be the first to dive into a project.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • theswordofhope
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theswordofhope » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 am

I think I need to go about this a different way. Same project, different view. I know it can and will be successful if I can get the right attention drawn to it. Would anyone be able to suggest anything? This game will be a success. I know it for a fact. I just need help getting past that first step.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Have you figured out a new angle?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.