The Highs and Lows of a Kickstarter Launch
  • Edison Watch Co
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Highs and Lows of a Kickstarter Launch

by Edison Watch Co » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:44 am

Hey Everyone,

I am the Co-founder of Edison Watch Co, we are now three days into our Kickstarter campaign and what a wild ride it has been! No matter how much research or preparation goes into a project you can never really be fully prepared for what a Kickstarter launch throws at you. We have been overwhelmed by the support of friends and family and also taken aback by the generosity of complete strangers. Within the first 24 hours we reached 15% of our funding goal and have since climbed to 25%!

On the other hand, some of the marketing that we thought would be really effective has returned little to no results, proving that there is no clear cut marketing strategy to guarantee success for a crowdfunding project. This problem is only intensified by the flood of spam filling our inbox with promises to 'take our marketing reach to the next level'. It seems that despite all the promises made by marketing services, the most effective way to drive traffic to your site is to work on the social networks you have already developed during the course of the project.

Three days in, our fingers are starting to cramp, we are running on caffeine & very little sleep and absolutely loving every aspect of the crowdfunding challenge!!

Please take a minute to check out our campaign and if you like what you see, any support either pledging or just sharing our campaign would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ed ... n-watch-co

Thank you
    Lachlan
    Co-founder
    Edison Watch Co

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Highs and Lows of a Kickstarter Launch

by Cristina » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Highs and Lows of a Kickstarter Launch

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:33 am

Hi Lachlan,

The campaign page is pretty good, it looks professional and the watch design is neat. The video is really slick too. Having worked on x6 overfunded watch campaigns myself, I guess I can give you some advice.

The first thing is that the page comes across as one big advert. There doesn't feel like much interaction with the backers, more like "this is what we've got...back us". There's no text, just many images, no backstory or connection with your audience.

Let me know if I can help further and get in touch.

Edison Watch Co wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am the Co-founder of Edison Watch Co, we are now three days into our Kickstarter campaign and what a wild ride it has been! No matter how much research or preparation goes into a project you can never really be fully prepared for what a Kickstarter launch throws at you. We have been overwhelmed by the support of friends and family and also taken aback by the generosity of complete strangers. Within the first 24 hours we reached 15% of our funding goal and have since climbed to 25%!

On the other hand, some of the marketing that we thought would be really effective has returned little to no results, proving that there is no clear cut marketing strategy to guarantee success for a crowdfunding project. This problem is only intensified by the flood of spam filling our inbox with promises to 'take our marketing reach to the next level'. It seems that despite all the promises made by marketing services, the most effective way to drive traffic to your site is to work on the social networks you have already developed during the course of the project.

Three days in, our fingers are starting to cramp, we are running on caffeine & very little sleep and absolutely loving every aspect of the crowdfunding challenge!!

Please take a minute to check out our campaign and if you like what you see, any support either pledging or just sharing our campaign would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ed ... n-watch-co

Thank you
    Lachlan
    Co-founder
    Edison Watch Co
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about