Tales of the Dark Avenger: Star Witness 3D
  • T.J.Moore
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Tales of the Dark Avenger: Star Witness 3D

by T.J.Moore » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm taking this moment to announce my first Kickstarter campaign for what I plan to be the first of 11 different 3D features, Tales of the Dark Avenger: Star Witness. It's a 70s style crime thriller about a masked vigilante racing the mob to find a college student who witnessed a mob hit. Lots of mayhem ensues.

I'm trying to raise $25K for filming, which will go towards costuming, props, locations, as well as the creation of 3D DCP for theatrical showings. The movie will be shot using state of the art HD 3D cameras. We shot two test scenes two weeks ago, both of which are part of the pitch film. They play in 3D and 2D.

The script is written and the movie has already been cast. Shooting is set to start in April.

As to my credentials, I am the only director since 1956 to have shot and released two full length cliffhanger serials. I also shot two 3D Dark Avenger shorts previously.

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Tales of the Dark Avenger: Star Witness 3D

by Cristina » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • T.J.Moore
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by T.J.Moore » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 pm

So, I've been doing advertising on Facebook, tweeting, and posting to various websites about my project. But I've only gotten two backers so far. Can anyone help suggest what maybe I'm doing/have done wrong with it? Is it just a bad month to launch a project? Bad genre chosen? Bad pitch film? Any ideas at all?
  • T.J.Moore
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by T.J.Moore » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 am

I just posted the first teaser poster for the movie on Kickstarter. Lead actor T.J. Doyle designed this first poster and will be designing the main one later.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 pm

So, I've been doing advertising on Facebook, tweeting, and posting to various websites about my project. But I've only gotten two backers so far. Can anyone help suggest what maybe I'm doing/have done wrong with it? Is it just a bad month to launch a project? Bad genre chosen? Bad pitch film? Any ideas at all?

Well, typically 1/4-1/3 of pledges will come from the individual's social network. I would start there, get feedback, and once you determine if strangers like the project and rewards, then I would start advertising it - otherwise you could send traffic to the page and it won't convert.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.