Started our First Project!
  • UtopiaForts
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Started our First Project!

by UtopiaForts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Hello, everyone. I've been reading for a while now around the building and launch of my group's Kickstarter, Utopia Forts. I'd like to thank everyone for their involvement in the forums as I've found a lot of helpful information here.

Our project is a kid's fort featuring two different sizes. One is set to fit a larger table/banquet table and the other to fit a card table. We have seven completed designs such as a little ballerina, a coral reef, and Santa's workshop. The forts are made of a hardy yet soft material in Minnesota, USA. They can be bundled and cleaned in your household washer and drier, making clean up much easier.

In addition to the forts, every level of our backers gets access to our printable "Caboodles", containing lots of fun coloring pages and activities for ages ranging 3-10 years old.

Our project:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... magination

PR has been evasive. We've been reaching out to parenting, teacher, and daycare blogs so far as well as trying to build our Facebook page, Twitter, and Pinterest accounts.

If anyone has any advice on this, don't hold back. Every bit helps, thank you so much for your time!

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Started our First Project!

by hyperstarter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:52 pm

I think presentation wise, it's great. However, where it fails is that it's a US centred campaign really. Forts isn't what other kids from the world build in their homes.

Also, where it fails is that you're relying on most backers having certain sized tables + letting their kids use those tables for a fort. Another aspect is that whilst the idea of yours sounds great, the alternative is cardboard boxes, tents and cushions for a very specific activity.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work out...best of luck and hope it turns around though.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • pulsestudio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by pulsestudio » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:47 pm

ah cool project
  • ronak223
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ronak223 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 am

Very cool project! Congrats on the launch :)

It's a lot of work to get a Kickstarter campaign together, so it's always awesome to see a well-executed one.

Good luck!