Started my first project on kickstarter to finish developmen
  • kelvinvv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Started my first project on kickstarter to finish developmen

by kelvinvv » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello all!

I am very new to the "Kickstarter" scene, so please be nice :roll:

I've worked for over a year now, on an iOS/Android game called "FluffyWords".
    In short, the game is a 1vs1 word-related game. You play a word, and your opponent has to respond on the last letter of the word you had played. This is currently playable in two categories, Animal names, and Cities and Countries over the world.
    Example: Opponent plays "Rat", you play "Tarantula > Ape > Eagle > etc.
    You and your opponent gets 120 seconds playtime and you win from your opponent if you have a better score then your opponent.

We are almost there, but ran out of our budget. The core of the game is good playable, but there is much polishing needed to be done on the backend of the game. Also the menu's and the content needs some rework.

We did not want to crowdfund, but we are in a stage that we really need some support.
    You can check out our Kickstarter page and tell me what you think! Any tips/advices etc are very welcome ofcourse!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/25 ... luffywords

Thank you for reading, hope to see some response from you all!

Kelvin

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Started my first project on kickstarter to finish develo

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:50 am

It's a shame as you've spent a year on it, but has 0 backers. What I feel is you could play your game verbally, it's what kids do say on boring travel trips. You're combining this with a mobile app too, but I can't see the appeal or benefits.

A bit like using a mobile phone to play hangman, when all you need is a paper and pencil.

On the positive side, your graphics and gameplay look stunning, but the actual concept itself is lacking. Could you use these graphics (and experience) for something else?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • kelvinvv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kelvinvv » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:55 am

Thank you for your response!

I understand that you think this way. What we are currently creating, is lots of categories, playable characters and most important, the progress/leveling system. We try to create an "End Game" where people are seriously competing each other based on "ELO-ranking".

You might have noticed that we already have this game live in the App store. We currently have 140 players and our statistics show that players play 5-10 games a day against random opponents. We get good feedback, people are really enjoying this concept but there is a lack of content. We have written down/designed all the content that we are planning to add, we just don't have a budget to pay our developers... (development is outsourced)

We will still continue the project, we believe that "passion-projects" like ours will be finished someday. We know/see that the simple-concept is liked within our (currently small) community.

Kelvin
  • Rollon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rollon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

strange project
  • cp1234
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cp1234 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 am

Hi @hoku, thank you for sharing the article, great insights! :)

For everyone else, if you need MORE tips and tricks on how to promote your Kickstarter campaign, I just wrote an article on how my campaign (see:
    http://kck.st/2e4tb2z) raised $250,000 in less than 9 hours here: how-we-raised-250-000-in-less-than-9-hours-t6932.html. Just sharing what I have learned with my campaign so you can do well too :)
    Last edited by cp1234 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Remix IO+ is an Android Nougat-powered device, engineered to be a 4K TV set-top box, gaming console, and PC in one.

Back our project: http://kck.st/2e4tb2z
    for a chance of BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:56 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman