Squirrel again: this time pointy poop
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Squirrel again: this time pointy poop

by Emad785 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 am

Hello everyone (again),

Really sorry to post continuous threads but this forum gives me a lot of reassurance and good advice, and the vet is closed and I don't know if it's a genuine emergency to call the emergency line. I'm more than happy to call the vets if needed.

Today in Squirrel's news : he has pointy poop. I only realised this after I gave him some parsley, cucumber and two one cm slices of celery for his dinner. Poos are slightly smaller than usual, probably 10% smaller, slightly pointy and soft when I press it.

He's on dog meloxicam (0.3ml once daily), bisolvon (once daily) and doxy (0.08ml once daily) for his URI. He's not had meloxicam today because the vet said to stop if diarrhea, so I didn't give him any. His poo isn't sludgy, it keeps its shape, just soft and moist, and flattens when I press it.

I'll cut out veg till the poop improves because, but should I continue to give meloxicam?

Thank you very much for the advice you've given me so far.

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Squirrel again: this time pointy poop

by charli55 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:10 pm

I'm glad your pet is all right.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Squirrel again: this time pointy poop

by MrOsborne » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:11 pm

I was worried when I read your story. I'm glad your pet is all right. Pets are my weak point. I always worry when my dog feels bad. Recently, it was badly scratched by a squirrel. My dog, seeing beka in the yard, was interested and approached her. In response, the squirrel attacked her. I was very scared, but luckily my dog is fine. I didn't want to take any more risks, so I turned to the company for the removal of proteins, they can be found here https://tulsa.aaacwildliferemoval.com/squirrel-removal. I didn't see any more squirrels.