SEX, VIOLENCE, and GOOD OLE FUN. KICKSTARTER Campaign
  • Mauricew
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

SEX, VIOLENCE, and GOOD OLE FUN. KICKSTARTER Campaign

by Mauricew » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:30 pm

This kickstarter Campaign ROCKS! I know its a bold statement to say that my own kickstarter campaign rocks, but in all humility, it does. I am a TV and Film writer who is launching a comicbook line. The talent involved are off the charts. but dont take it from me: visit http://kck.st/1aVUodD and check for yourself.

http://kck.st/1aVUodD

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: SEX, VIOLENCE, and GOOD OLE FUN. KICKSTARTER Campaign

by sbriggman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Any reason you decided not to include a video? How's the campaign been going so far?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    QT Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: SEX, VIOLENCE, and GOOD OLE FUN. KICKSTARTER Campaign

by QT Games » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah. I'd definitely recommend putting together a video if you haven't already started one. You have plenty of artwork and there's no reason not to use it in video form. People don't just want to get excited about your product, but they want to get under your skin and why you want to do it. They want to hear your story while seeing some great art. You can't expect everyone to scroll all the way down. Video is something they can lazily do. Just a click and watch.

Of course, I'm no pro myself as I am only gearing up for my 1st Kickstarter video this January, but I have done a ton of research and sbriggman has good advice. Me, I'll be having 3 videos on my Kickstarter. Maybe you think it's not worth doing at this point in the game, but there's nothing wrong with surprising people mid campaign with a vid - it's a good excuse to advertise all over again, but do try to show something new you haven't shown before, art-wise, and if you can, add in a Reward tier for under $10. There's plenty of easy rewards you can do for under that amount and money is money, so why not? Every little bit helps. Cheers!
    Check out our Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology Kickstarter! Ends Feb 2nd. Don't miss it!