Saucer Kings -- a stumbling, fumbling KS lesson in progress
  • TrevorMarkwart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Saucer Kings -- a stumbling, fumbling KS lesson in progress

by TrevorMarkwart » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello.

So I've dived into Kickstarter with my dream project campaign making the usual mistakes, it appears. I didn't use it as a way to gather up a big group of people who already existed as possible funders, and I came with an extremely minimal social media presence. I didn't come into it with those things, because I don't have those things. And so my campaign has received virtually no exposure and only a smattering of hits in its early stages and remains almost completely unknown.

I also fumbled around in the first few days realizing my main image was weak, and my blurb was crap. Does any of this sound familiar? I've gone through a lot of work nailing the image and the blurb and both are finally there. But I still have pretty much zero exposure or connections and a video that gets 3 - 4 plays a day is pathetic and completely hopeless. But you know, it's pretty good. Video's good. My campaign is pretty good. Maybe if somebody would actually see it, maybe something would happen.

So anyways, I'm sure a familiar story.
    Trevor

Here's my campaign:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/885 ... ucer-kings

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Saucer Kings -- a stumbling, fumbling KS lesson in progr

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:49 am

Hey Trevor. Glad to see that you are learning. Learning how to do product launches is all trial and error and learning.

2 backers? Have you reached out to your own social network, friends/family? Most campaigns I've seen usually get anywhere from 20-50% of funds from family/friends.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.