Red Shift: Space Combat
  • Skycrime
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Red Shift: Space Combat

by Skycrime » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:26 am

Hi everyone. I'm here to introduce myself and my project, Red Shift. For my part, I'm a gamer and avid scifi nerd who has always wanted to be a spaceship pilot.

Red Shift is a space combat game that moves away from the point and click arcade feel of most modern games, space based or not. We're creating flight systems that take skill to utilize effectively, and that make space feel like space. We're using a tiered system in which fighters fly more like arcade flight sims, with everything bigger inheriting more and more realistic motion. This allows players to fly the way they want. Further, people will be able to choose from a wide variety of ship types, depending on their preferences and the needs of the team. This means everything from high speed interceptors to massive cruisers. There's a lot more to it, of course, and I'd be happy to answer any questions people might have. Feel free to read the longer description on our Kickstarter page if you're interested.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Shift/527569570646644
    Last edited by Skycrime on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Red Shift: Space Combat

by sbriggman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:39 pm

I would also like to be a spaceship pilot, preferably Captain Kirk over Picard. Seems like the campaign is lagging a bit. Would recommend rallying some friends/family to get it up from 2 backers (emphasize their card will not be charged if you don't reach your fundraising goal).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.