Raised over 246% on 4th campaign - Ask me anything! (AMA)
  • Nick77
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Raised over 246% on 4th campaign - Ask me anything! (AMA

by Nick77 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 am

frightentertainment wrote:Greetings Nick,

First and foremost, congrats on 3 successful Kickstarter Campaigns. That's really awesome, and thanks for being here on the forums to help out the rest of us.

With that out of the way, I'd love it if you could take a look over my Kickstarter campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... ini-series

I'd love to know what kind of feedback you might have to help create more interest in the project and get more backers out there. I'm not too upset with the turn-out thus far, but I have a feeling that the numbers are going to dwindle at the pace it's taking, and I could definitely use a second opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Thanks for your kind words Alex. I'll do my best to try to give you some insight from my end. I hope it will help you. Firstly, you have a low goal. Certainly you have family and friends that have known you and your passion for drawing forever that you can reach out to. It should be attainable for the $2300 you are looking to fund.

Beyond your circle of family and friends, I have to say, your closing graphic, "Support us on Kickstarter" - says it all. I don't know who you are. I see no connected Facebook, I see a bio that lists a company, but only your name. It looks like there is no "us" but only you, and you haven't shown yourself in words, in pictures, in your Facebook connections. There is no creator credibility here, and no empathetic story of how you need this to happen to launch your career, etc., etc. If you don't have this, then, like I said in an earlier post, you need a project that will knock our socks off, make us feel, make us want. It's a perfectly balanced see-saw, it's one or the other. But when you have both sides of it, things can take off.

So, back to your low goal amount. I think you can reach your number. You simply have to keep communicating with everyone you know. Look to get on the boards with fellow comic creators, share your passion with people of like minds. I think your video is a bit all over the place, so your personal message and outreach will/should help you convey your position. Hope this helps.

Kickin' it,
    Nick
    http://kck.st/1mjrFc2
  • noochiegolf
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by noochiegolf » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:19 am

Hello there Nick,

Thank you for posting this post on here for people like me who are new to crowdfunding and forums. I am pleased to be able to speak to someone who has made successful campaigns. Congratulations on those.

I am trying to get some feedback on our campaign. The product we are trying to manufacture is getting amazing reviews and I would like to know what your take is on our campaign. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time. http://kck.st/1ov4laA

Thanks in advance,
    JoAnn
  • Dan277
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dan277 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:42 am

Please can you give me some tips on how I can reach my goal for Learn Spanish Verbs - Android? I have less than 70 hours remaining and I have a long way to go. I've done a lot of promoting via social media and I have a decent conversion rate but only 73 video views. Unfortunately, I don't have any money to invest in advertising. Thank you
  • Nick77
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Nick77 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 am

Hi Dan,
    Sorry to see your campaign about to end unsuccessfully. If you have had a high conversion rate then my guess is you haven't done enough to reach more people. Unfortunately, the time to figure out what to do is in the beginning of the campaign. I don't know what to suggest with 70 hrs to go.

But you may see some backers as a result of the 'remind me' button, which triggers at 48 hours to go so good luck!
    Kickin' it,
    Nick
  • Nick77
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Nick77 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 pm

noochiegolf wrote:Hello there Nick,

Thank you for posting this post on here for people like me who are new to crowdfunding and forums. I am pleased to be able to speak to someone who has made successful campaigns. Congratulations on those.

I am trying to get some feedback on our campaign. The product we are trying to manufacture is getting amazing reviews and I would like to know what your take is on our campaign. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time. http://kck.st/1ov4laA

Thanks in advance,
    JoAnn

Answered your earlier post here: raised-over-246-on-4th-campaign-ask-me-anything-ama-t1979-40.html#p6952
    Kickin' it,
    Nick
    admin
    Site Admin

by admin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 am

This AMA is now closed. You may continue to ask questions, but Nick has to move on to planning post-campaign activities! I'd like to thank Nick for his generosity in answering all these questions. Be sure to check out and pledge to his campaign to show your support!

I will do my best to answer any questions in a timely manner.

Sal
  • Dan277
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dan277 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Nick77 wrote:Hi Dan,
    Sorry to see your campaign about to end unsuccessfully. If you have had a high conversion rate then my guess is you haven't done enough to reach more people. Unfortunately, the time to figure out what to do is in the beginning of the campaign. I don't know what to suggest with 70 hrs to go.

But you may see some backers as a result of the 'remind me' button, which triggers at 48 hours to go so good luck!

I tried to reach as many people as I could. I shared my link and tried to start discussions in every Kickstarter Facebook and Google page or group I could find, plus Spanish pages and groups, and I used LinkedLn and Twitter. I tried to find out early what the problems were and I learnt I needed to improve my video. I did improve my video but that did not help. I think my mistake is making a Kickstarter project without an advertising budget. They say it takes money to make money. Maybe PPC would have worked or maybe I should have focused more with offline promotion, such as leaflets.
  • Dascarecrow72
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dascarecrow72 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Wow that's a pretty cool idea!

I surf KS everyday and hadn't came across this yet!
    My Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1jwxCyT
  • MetaphysicalMandalas
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MetaphysicalMandalas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 am

Great concept, it's encouraging to see this kind of demand for tree-free paper.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Did a follow up blog post of this AMA with the best quotes/points distilled: http://www.crowdcrux.com/proven-crowdfu ... r-creator/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.