-- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: PhoneCycle, The easiest and greenest way to recycle phon

by giftsandcoupons » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:03 am

First thing...it sounds complex.

It sounds like it's:
    - Phone Cleaner, wipes data
    - Delivery service
    - Profit machine (how you determine the % profit back + delivery costs, esp if international?)
    - Environmental, planting a tree in exchange for a phone?

There's alot going on there for people (like me) to digest...too many steps.

I think you could focus on just one those items and it may work out. I think the phone wiper would work best.

Creating an app solely to clean your phone would be great, plus you wouldn't be just targetting old phones, but people who just want to wipe their sensitive data.

In terms of the environment angle, you could just provide links or partner up with someone else who can recycle/reuse/ (plant a tree?)...hope this helps.

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
    FederikFer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: PhoneCycle, The easiest and greenest way to recycle phones

by FederikFer » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:30 pm

It is right to dispose of the equipment since their batteries pollute the soil and force the local fauna to migrate to other places. I usually change phones, I recycle them through bin collection birmingham, they take the garbage and then recycle it. I think you'll also just need to find a local household goods recycling company. I think they will also take out the garbage, like mine.