Patio Door reveals
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Patio Door reveals

by TwoforTwo » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi,
    I Just got back from work and took some photos.
    The couple had new patio doors installed, but the company didn't finish the interior work because they were asked not to, as the couple wanted the plasterer to finish it.
    Looks straight forward, the plaster has blown off a good 10 inches on each side, and some are working on the block, so cut it off, corner bead, but they have expanding foam coming out of the cavity because it was insulated with polystyrene balls and would have emptied the cavity if the door contractors hadn't filled them in, and I'm not sure what I can do with my head(cat jumper)!
    They also placed a piece of wood and foam under the lintel to fill the gap between the top of the door frame and it!
    I struggle with this any help or advice as to what my plan of action will be,which Thistle patch is best for the job, etc.

• TomSands
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Patio Door reveals

by TomSands » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:43 pm

You need to replace them and put new ones...
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Emad785 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I agree with the comment above, the best thing for you is to replace them and put the new ones. I can help you find the new patio doors because I had this same problem recently. I did not have a lot of money to buy new expensive ones, but there is a place where you can find doors half the price. I got stylish models of wooden garage doors also. I had to take this opportunity because it is going to pass and I could not let that happen. I advise you to go there and use the discounts they have now, you will find fantastic doors.
    Rebelif
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rebelif » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:48 am

just change them
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rougdab » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 am

I think you should definitely replace those windows and put another ones. I could recommend you some great windows and the doors from the company that my husband hired for our house. On https://ecochoicewindows.ca/ you may see all their prices and different styles of the windows and doors that you will like for sure. I hope I helped you and you won’t have this problem anymore.
    Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Angomod » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:52 am

Rougdab wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 am I think you should definitely replace those windows and put another ones. I could recommend you some great windows and the doors from the company that my husband hired for our house. On https://ecochoicewindows.ca/ you may see all their prices and different styles of the windows and doors that you will like for sure. I hope I helped you and you won’t have this problem anymore.
    I bought from them and I can say that if you will change thm you will not have any problems
    BigSamoz
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by BigSamoz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 am

I think it is possible to cut the expanding foam coming out of the cavity, so it shouldn't be a problem. I also changed my front door recently, but the company that changed it, did it right, and they also cut the expanding foam coming out of the cavity. By the way, the company that made me the door, supplies make-to-order doors, and in case you need one, you could try contacting them. So if you are interested, then you can check their site https://joinerysolutionssw.co.uk/timber ... nd-windows. I wish you the best, stay safe, and have a wonderful day!
    ronton
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ronton » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am

BigSamoz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 am I think it is possible to cut the expanding foam coming out of the cavity, so it shouldn't be a problem. I also changed my front door recently, but the company that changed it, did it right, and they also cut the expanding foam coming out of the cavity. By the way, the company that made me the door, supplies make-to-order doors, and in case you need one, you could try contacting them. So if you are interested, then you can check their site https://joinerysolutionssw.co.uk/timber ... nd-windows. I wish you the best, stay safe, and have a wonderful day!
    I need a custumized door, so thnk you for your recommendation
  • saul
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by saul » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:28 pm

I'm thinking about getting patio furniture made from iron and would love some advice on whether it's worth it. I've heard it can be quite durable and weather-resistant, but I'm curious about its comfort and maintenance needs. Has anyone had experience with iron patio furniture?
  • ystyle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ystyle » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:29 pm

Absolutely, investing in iron patio furniture can be a fantastic choice! Its durability and weather resistance make it ideal for outdoor settings, allowing you to enjoy your patio year-round without worrying about wear and tear. Moreover, iron furniture often comes in various styles that can complement any aesthetic, ensuring that you find pieces that fit your vision.

I have iron furniture in my house and patio, and I can confidently say it’s a great material. Not only is it strong and sturdy, but it also requires minimal maintenance—just a quick wipe down every now and then. Comfort can be enhanced with cushions, which are easy to change out as styles or seasons change. So, if you're leaning towards iron, it’s worth considering how well it fits your lifestyle and the look you want to achieve. For more insights and options, you might want to check out this site: https://wrought-iron-furniture.com/