My First Novel - LEGEND LAND
  • Mr. YouthWriter
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

My First Novel - LEGEND LAND

by Mr. YouthWriter » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Hey Everyone,

Still new here and learning how to get around, but I believe this would go here. Just trying to introduce my Kickstarter, which needs to be funded by September 6th of this year. This is my first novel which I've been working on for three years and want to get published before the end of the year. As a 17-year old, it's a little difficult managing school, traveling and trying to start a career; I've been called insane, but I've since adopted that with an annoying amount of enthusiasm. It must have worked somehow, because I've been with an editing and publishing company because of this work for a short while; now I need everyone's support to raise the money needed to actually publish this thing and make a lifelong dream of mine come true. For me this isn't just a passion but hopefully the first step in a lifelong career, so I'm trying to take it seriously. The novel itself is about characters from popular fairy tales and legends; I'm not just rehashing old ideas though. Characters loosely resemble how they appear (but you should still be able to catch it), I have my own, unique characters and a plot that has more twists and turns than the entirety of Six Flags. I have done my best to combine a unique world with vibrant, detailed characters while connecting mythical lore on creatures and objects in varying degrees of complexity. Please help me to show that all this hard work has paid off, and make me a very happy young author! Once again, here's the link:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-noah-barfield Please share and tell everyone; if you can spare the minimum reward level of $5, I'd really appreciate that too! I'll happily share other projects as well. As insane as it all may be, I appreciate any time and support that can be given; thanks.
    Last edited by Mr. YouthWriter on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like books? Me too! That's why me, a 17 year old writer, successfully raised money for my first book on Kickstarter. Go ahead and check out the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arkstorm/legend-land-a-novel-by-noah-barfield
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My First Novel - LEGEND LAND

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks for sharing. How'd the launch go?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Mr. YouthWriter
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: My First Novel - LEGEND LAND

by Mr. YouthWriter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:36 pm

The launch went relatively well; I wasn't expecting to meet our goal within 24 hours like all those stories but it still would have been nice haha. It's been four days and we've raised $1,740 of our $10,000 goal, so progress is being made! I appreciate the question and any support that can be given. Thanks!
    Like books? Me too! That's why me, a 17 year old writer, successfully raised money for my first book on Kickstarter. Go ahead and check out the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arkstorm/legend-land-a-novel-by-noah-barfield