My 1st project,the Lumi-L
  • isaac_yao
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: My 1st project,the Lumi-L

by isaac_yao » Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

JeighEssdottBooks wrote:
    isaac_yao wrote:
    JeighEssdottBooks wrote:I truly love the Lumi-L concept. It's simplistic, but conceptual, which is pretty much growing popular these days, especially with houses! In your video it shows you carrying it around, which shows that it's portable--another great reason to have one. Also, the LED light is strong enough to use in the dark, unlike some other LED lamps, such as the one I bought from Sharper Image years ago.

One question: Is the strength of the light adjustable?

Hi Jeigh,

Thanks for your love of this concept,and yes,Lumi-L is portable and with strong power lighting which I made for practicality,I think the lighting is the main reason why we made a lamp,not toy.

But the strenght of the light is not adjustable,for adding this function, it may involved more control units and components and will change the scale and shape of the lamp body, even change the gravity center,so I dropped this function to a pure and easy direction,3 functions shift by changing position is cool enouogh for me though.

But thanks for your tips,I may reconsider it if I may make another prototype, ;)

have a nice day pal!

Isaac

Oh I don't think you should really change it. The fact that everything is functional just by tilt is amazing, and I think it would take away from that concept. Plus, like you wrote, it would mean more control units and components, and having to compromise the scale and shape of it, and with how you have the gravity center, you really don't want to take that risk. It's amazing as it is, in my opinion!

Cool bro :P thanks again,and I went to your campaign page and read the story of your dream,it is emothional and move,just like to read my own,I really believe you will be someone in the future,dont stop,just grab it when you have the chance,cheeers!

• JeighEssdottBooks
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JeighEssdottBooks » Wed May 07, 2014 5:04 pm

isaac_yao wrote:
    Cool bro :P thanks again,and I went to your campaign page and read the story of your dream,it is emothional and move,just like to read my own,I really believe you will be someone in the future,dont stop,just grab it when you have the chance,cheeers!

Thank you Isaac! I will continue to push on to make my dreams happen! You continue to do the same, I have a great feeling about your project, and it will definitely become big!
    Rise, Shine, Prevail,

Jeigh Essdott Books

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... -testimony
  • robbert8cornelis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by robbert8cornelis » Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Cool! When i have money i will back it.
    ToyRocketStudios
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ToyRocketStudios » Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm

This would be a great tool for camping as well! Flashlights and lamps are either too difficult to hold or too bright to use for reading. Its size and design are great for portability. Is the counterweight enough to keep it upright on a slight incline or does it need to be on a flat surface to stand upright?
    SNO is falling, you can check out our beautiful new campaign at:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/to ... snowflakes

If you take a look and like it, please share it, just helping to get the word out would be tremendous.
  • isaac_yao
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by isaac_yao » Wed May 07, 2014 11:32 pm

ToyRocketStudios wrote:This would be a great tool for camping as well! Flashlights and lamps are either too difficult to hold or too bright to use for reading. Its size and design are great for portability. Is the counterweight enough to keep it upright on a slight incline or does it need to be on a flat surface to stand upright?

Thanks for your comment and concern,Mike, :) Lumi-L only needs a very small flat surface to stand in normal circumstans, :),for some special condition like a slight incline(and depends on what kind of incline it is,if it is an outstretch upwards,sure it can stand on it,if it is an outstrech downwards,I believe the gravity center will say no ),but you can put something on the tail to shift the gravity center,or set it between two books,or whatever you can make it on lighting and standing,multifunctions design in Lumi-L doesnt means it is perfect,but there are indeed a lot of flexibilities of using it ;)
    Last edited by isaac_yao on Thu May 08, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • isaac_yao
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by isaac_yao » Wed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm

robbert8cornelis wrote:Cool! When i have money i will back it.

Thanks! ;)
  • taliamyers
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by taliamyers » Fri May 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Check out my first Kick Starter campaign for Chasing Yesterday!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/60 ... -yesterday
  • coslucas
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by coslucas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:15 am

Very nice!
  • Natalia
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Natalia » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Cool project :)
  • trentpulido
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by trentpulido » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:00 am

I think this is an awesome project. I wasn't sure about it, but as I watched the GIF a few more times I realized how cool it is!