Me and my project.
  • Raist
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Me and my project.

by Raist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey all,
    My name is Jon and I launched my project a week ago. I am a potter in central Michigan and am trying to expand my business is a different direction. I am looking for more ways to promote and get it into peoples ears without getting pushy. I have used as much facebook as can be tolerated in a week and emailed my mailing list. Any ideas would be loved. I'll put the link below for advice.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167 ... of-pottery

I know the video is not so good, probably should have hired someone to do. Live and learn.

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Me and my project.

by VaporStarter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 pm

Raist wrote:Any ideas would be loved.

Hi Jon,

Nice pottery! The video isn't bad... I enjoy watching pottery being made... tho your audio could use a little work. Maybe a new mic, or use a Zoom digital recorder.

Have you thought about showing pictures of what each reward level item will look like? (or kinda look like)

Also, I like your old kiln/new kiln chart... I love that your frankenkiln says, "Fire Bad!" ... is that a deliberate quote from one of my favorite TV shows by any chance?
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
  • Raist
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Raist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

I have thought about the rewards issue. I put a FAQ at the bottom stating how they are all actually in the pics, but perhaps a separate pic with the raw forms before glazing.

TV show ? D'Oh .. is this what you mean. I think he was thinking of Franken style speaking.
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by VaporStarter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Raist wrote:I have thought about the rewards issue. I put a FAQ at the bottom stating how they are all actually in the pics, but perhaps a separate pic with the raw forms before glazing.

TV show ? D'Oh .. is this what you mean. I think he was thinking of Franken style speaking.

Ah, yes, missed that in the FAQ. That growler looks awesome, btw. No worries on "Fire Bad" quote.. it was a long shot anyway!

J.A.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Seems like you've made some good progress :). There may be some other campaigners interested in cross promoting on this thread to keep the progress coming. find-other-campaigners-interested-in-cross-promotion-f11.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.