Magic Cube: Levitating Laser Lighted Prisms and Objects
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Magic Cube: Levitating Laser Lighted Prisms and Objects

by coolinvent » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:42 pm

We're about to launch our 5th Kickstarter and hope we can get some feedback from this forum. Magic Cube is a magnetic levitation floating platform which rotates prisms, objects and objects on prisms. What makes this levitation platform unique is our patent pending embedded green laser that lights up the cube and/or objects on the cube.

Here's our preview link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/versi/2135169043?token=b5ca2eb1

Bag Hero
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Magic Cube: Levitating Laser Lighted Prisms and Objects

by Bag Hero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi Dale,

Very cool idea. You obviously have a lot of experience in creating and backing projects and that shows.
    Few questions:
    -Can you control the speed of the cube?
    -Will it just keep turning?
    -Will there be bigger platforms to hold heavier objects?

Your Video: I liked how you used shadow with the Superman and the music choice. I did notice in the beginning of the video that someone is holding the camera because it was a little shaky. A tripod takes care of that unless that was the feel you were going for. It can't hurt to add a final image to the end of the video so when you complete it there is a call-to-action message rather than a black screen.

Good luck!
    A chip clip on Steroids!
    http://BagHero.com
    Makes your bags STAND UP!
    Coming to Kickstarter soon.
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi and thank you for your comments.

You can control the speed with your finger by gently spinning it with your finger and it will maintain that speed for quite some time. The other method is to offset the prism or object and the momentum of the offset object will make it turn. For example, see the three stacked cube when it's slightly off center, it spins faster.

Regarding bigger platforms, there may be another model in the future to hold the a larger object depending on how successful this one is.

Also, thanks for taking a look at the video - the hardest part of making the project. I do have a thank you at the end but will add an image and message.

Keep checking back as we haven't launched yet and will be tweaking ours till the launch which will be very soon.
    Bag Hero
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bag Hero » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:53 am

Hi Dale,

I agree, the video is the hardest part. I'm working on my re launch now for Bag Hero, our first campaign ended a few weeks ago and we didn't reach our goal. Our problem was traffic, we didn't get enough. Our funding goal was high ($45k) and our product less than $10 so it is a BIG challenge.

Our numbers were good for the traffic we got. (750 video plays 49% to completion and 66 backers)
    We were approached by Good Morning America twice to appear on their Shark Tank segment but couldn't make it happen (heart breaking). You can read more details on a public update I posted recently. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598320076/ditch-the-old-chip-clip-bag-hero-makes-your-bags-s/posts/1254325

I was going to PM you regarding our Double Rewards strategy but am new and not able to do that yet. We will be offering to double any reward pledged in the first 24 hours as a way to get the fire lit. You know better than most that the first 3 days are crucial. I am going to update my site to make the offer more clear.

Thanks
    A chip clip on Steroids!
    http://BagHero.com
    Makes your bags STAND UP!
    Coming to Kickstarter soon.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman