Lord of Rigel - Kickstarter campaign launched yesterday
  • newman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Lord of Rigel - Kickstarter campaign launched yesterday

by newman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Greetings,

I am new around here, and am a member of a game development team currently working on a 4X turn based space strategy game called Lord of Rigel. The player takes control over one of ten playable races and then expands, builds, colonizes, researches, and uses diplomacy or force in encounters with other species, all in an effort to control and shape the galaxy.

We have started development a little over a year ago; the goal is to create a really good entry in the genre that we feel has been lacking as of late.

We've recently completed a tactical demo which is available now, and have taken this as a good opportunity to begin our Kickstarter campaign; as potential backers today are rightfully wary of new crowdfunded gaming projects promising a lot but then never delivering, we felt it was best to have at least a demo releasable to show that we are serious, before launching said campaign.

Speaking of, here is our campaign page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rh ... d-of-rigel

At the moment, I'm thinking that the number of backers / pledgers can probably snowball the higher the amount pledged number gets; the logic being that people are more likely to fund projects they feel have a chance of getting over that finish line. I would however appreciate comments from people experienced in this sort of thing, as I don't have much prior experience with crowdfunding.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day :)

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Lord of Rigel - Kickstarter campaign launched yesterday

by Cristina » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Ryan_Mitty
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Lord of Rigel - Kickstarter campaign launched yesterday

by Ryan_Mitty » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:19 am

Good luck on Kickstarter!