Looking For Advice on my campaign to humanize the homeless!
  • jusswilder
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Looking For Advice on my campaign to humanize the homeless!

by jusswilder » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:14 am

Hi! Last Wednesday I launched a Kickstarter called Fifty Sandwiches. Fifty Sandwiches is a cross-country journey dedicated to presenting the public with a rare glimpse into the lives and stories of America’s homeless. Their unique and unheard experiences will be captured in a book and called Fifty Sandwiches.

The Plan:

Toss a mattress in a van and travel the country interviewing members of the homeless population. Each face, sandwich, and story, will be documented extensively in Fifty Sandwiches.

The goal is to close the gap between perception and reality, collecting unique splices of life along the way. I will be traveling city to city, offering to take homeless people out for a free meal in exchange for an interview. Well, more of just a casual chat between strangers rather than interviews. As each chat progresses, these talks will evolve into a dynamic collection of life struggles, stories, and philosophies from a population that is rarely given a voice.

Kickstarter put my projects as a "Project We Love" which is awesome but I haven't seen much of help from it.

I have an interview with The Atlantic tomorrow and will be sending a press release with the attached article so hopefully that will start get the ball rolling! I'll be skipping a day of work to do grassroots and all that fun stuff and have an email list of people I will be sending out a blast to!

I think the video and the project are very well put together, I'm starting to think maybe Kickstarter was not the best platform however, maybe Indiegogo or GoFundMe may have been better...

Can you guys take a look at my page and see if there is anything you would recommend? Any criticisms, suggestions, or anything else at all would be greatly appreciated!

http://kck.st/1VpfNax

Check out the page and tell me what you think! And any $1 dollar donors I will happily donate $1 back to your campaign:)

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Looking For Advice on my campaign to humanize the homele

by Cristina » Tue May 03, 2016 6:55 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Looking For Advice on my campaign to humanize the homele

by sbriggman » Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 pm

I don't think it's the platform to be honest. For this type of crowdfunding campaign, you're going to have to do most of your marketing no matter which platform you go with. Have you connected with any orgs that serve this demo?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.