Less than 70 hours to go!
  • Dan277
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Less than 70 hours to go!

by Dan277 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:58 pm

nervouslightfilms wrote:good luck

Thank you but it's too late. I failed to complete funding. I would relaunch my campaign but I don't know what I could do different that's likely to get me any more backers.

• herbmeehan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by herbmeehan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:09 am

I'm seeing a ton of failed Kickstart projects on these types of forums. This is a terrible site to get people to see your Kickstarter. You'll either have to get someone with a lot of twitter followers to post about project or pay for sponsored ads on Facebook. That's the only way you'll get real traffic.
  • Dan277
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dan277 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:23 am

herbmeehan wrote:I'm seeing a ton of failed Kickstart projects on these types of forums. This is a terrible site to get people to see your Kickstarter. You'll either have to get someone with a lot of twitter followers to post about project or pay for sponsored ads on Facebook. That's the only way you'll get real traffic.

I have 24.4k followers on my Twitter account but I got very little traffic from it. PPC was not an option because I didn't have enough money to invest in advertising. That's why I had to rely on posting on forums, Facebook groups, Google+ groups etc. I did use addmefast to help gain further exposure on Facebook but as I expected the traffic I got from that was very low quality. Without an advertising budget, how could I have succeeded? I would like to relaunch my project but I have no idea what I can do differently to get significantly more views.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm seeing a ton of failed Kickstart projects on these types of forums. This is a terrible site to get people to see your Kickstarter. You'll either have to get someone with a lot of twitter followers to post about project or pay for sponsored ads on Facebook. That's the only way you'll get real traffic.

Yes, I think the statistic is that something like 65% of Kickstarter projects fail, so naturally in a community where Kickstarter creators exist, you will see a majority that have failed.

We try to be a free education resource for creators and also connect creators with resources. Creators have definitely gotten pledges from our forum, and I've also featured several in blog articles since we started a year ago. Earlier in a year we have a $1 for $1 cross promotion which resulted in a lot of initial pledges being made. I also pledge to campaigns that I like at supporting tiers.

I see this website as a networking space to learn, network, share, and get feedback. Just like any community, you get out what you put in.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.