Last Week of Killing Hitler With Praise And Fire Gamebook
  • jeracoo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Last Week of Killing Hitler With Praise And Fire Gamebook

by jeracoo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 am

Killing Hitler With Praise And Fire is a choose your own adventure game about killing or eliminating Hitler to make the world a better place. There are a myriad of options available, though the choice is up to you. Some of the options include infantcide, homicide, altering his preferences in partners, biological warfare, art school, raptor nazis and of course the most cruel, getting him hitched him with lots of kids thereby putting to sleep his dreams like he did so many others.

I'm currently doing a kickstarter so the book can be illustrated, if you're interested just click the link below.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/376100657/killing-hitler-with-praise-an-fire-choose-your-own

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Last Week of Killing Hitler With Praise And Fire Gameboo

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 am

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal! Out of curiosity what percentage came from friends/family vs. strangers?

Any thoughts on Kickstarter looking back having been successfully funded?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jeracoo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jeracoo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:42 am

0% Friends, family and work mates, haven't told them about it, all strangers. I didn't like the idea of begging to people I know so I didn't tell the.

I could have gotten much more if I had of done more work compiling lists of potential backers, my strategy for advertising this was just to post about it on forums of that interest, release betas of the story and a free alpha of the game on android.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:24 pm

That's impressive! What outlets have you found to be effective in terms of getting the most pledges (free android vs. forums)? Any advice you would give on marketing (what kind of wording did you use)?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jeracoo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jeracoo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:07 am

sbriggman wrote:That's impressive! What outlets have you found to be effective in terms of getting the most pledges (free android vs. forums)? Any advice you would give on marketing (what kind of wording did you use)?

Forums netted the least, 21 pledges were from the forums, though most were in the $1-5 range, though this helped increase the visability of the project, I probably shouldn't have had my $1 as a pdf, though I know this for the future.

9 $50-200 pledges were made from the free android app, so it was the most effective with 2000 people having played it over the course of the last 4 months.

The name of the project(choose your own) attracted the second largest number of pledges with 12 pledges between $20-50.

The rest were just through people looking at random projects on kickstarter.