Kickstarting my app
  • perfictfitness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarting my app

by perfictfitness » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:51 am

So I've heard that Kickstarting an app can be difficult (not sure why). I'm sure it has something to do with developing an app can be very difficult. Anyways, I've spent 14 months interviewing hundreds of people trying to make this fitness app incredible and I've gathered a stellar (I need to use this word more often) team of developers to build it. The quick link is perfict.co
    So is there a way to push my app out of the "Hard to market app Kickstarter" or am I stuck with my friends and family. So far though no complaints because I'm already at 3,700 and 112 backers with 31 days left to go, but still I could use some advice on getting to my goal.

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarting my app

by Cristina » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:47 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarting my app

by sbriggman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:11 pm

I do think it's hard to launch apps. One way to combat that is to create some kind of software tool or standalone app that will lead up to the app (think content marketing but in app form), like a quiz or something to get people interested. A lot of companies do this. I'm pretty sure Microsoft and google just create things that they know won't make money, but will drive more people into their ecosystem.

The name of the game is email addresses. This campaign explained how they raised $45k for their app: http://www.crowdcrux.com/the-launch-str ... -campaign/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.