I want to change the world
  • jungaworld
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

I want to change the world

by jungaworld » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 am

Hi All,

I'm Elisheva and I just launched my first Kickstarter. It is an animated band of teenage animals rockstars whose lyrics convey messages of acceptance, compassion, and mindfulness. I grew up in LA/Hollywood and developed all the resulting insecurities and it took me a lot of reading and inner work (personal reflection and developing awareness) to figure out how to accept and love myself and I want it to make it easier for future kids.

When I first thought of the idea and was too intimidated and nervous to actually do it, a friend told me that the Dalai Lama said if we could teach every 8 year old to meditate, we would end violence within a generation. I figured I would put my money and time where his mouth is :).

If anyone wants to know more about the project or has any suggestions on it let me know.
    wexler.es@gmail.com
    http://bit.ly/JungaWorld

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I want to change the world

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 am

Sorry to see that you are not progressing towards your goal at the same speed as initially. Do you think you will make it before time runs out?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jungaworld
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jungaworld » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:52 am

Which goal? I'm pretty sure that the team is changing the world for the better (albeit on a smaller scale than if we got funding) so I kind of feel proud mixed with minor panic attacks and lots of escapism during the few breaks I take via Archer episodes
  • jungaworld
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jungaworld » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 am

Ands that my way of saying I don't think we will make it but I still am working as if we could for the small percentage chance because I feel like I owe it to the incredible people who worked on this project and cause I really believe it should exist and I'm not sure how I can keep working on it this much cause I need to focus on something that pays the bills because I want to teach kids it's important to be dreamers but responsible too.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 am

Well I'm glad you're still meeting your goal of changing the world! Keep me updated on what you decide to do with the project.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.