I'm 15 years old and really need help with my campaign
  • AutumnBurton
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I'm 15 years old and really need help with my campaign

by AutumnBurton » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:18 am

I am 15 years I've had fundraiser on Indiegogo vor about a month now as my kickstarter campaign was unsuccessful.As the summer is a vital time for dancers to continue their ballet studies, I am raising money to attend a summer ballet intensive. However, as my father was laid off from his job a year ago and my parents are divorced, money is very tight. And being only 15 years old I am not able to fund my summer studies solely relying on my minimum wage job that I go to on the weekends.

I began my ballet training much later than most, at age 11.5. And due to financial constraints I had to stop and resume again a year later. But with some determination, I went from taking beginner level classes to Advanced within two years. I currently attend the Mid-Atantic Youth Ballet every day after school as well as weekend rehearsals, on a full ride scholarship. Without this scholarship, my ballet training would not have been possible.

In addition to ballet, I am a member of the Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society, the National English Honor Society, the National Junior Japanese Honor Society, and the National Honor Society. I love writing and have been speaking Japanese for five years. Moreover, I have been on the honor role since I began school, and am a current a member of Model United Nations as well as Key Club (a volunteer club). All in all, I try to work as hard as possible.

As most summer intensives are $3,000+ I hope that with some help, I can meet my goal.
    Here is the link if you would like to contribute: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/autu ... t-training

Thank you

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I'm 15 years old and really need help with my campaign

by Cristina » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:58 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Heatherji
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: I'm 15 years old and really need help with my campaign

by Heatherji » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:09 am

Hello. It is wonderful your determination. One thing that may be helpful is to connect with others who love ballet. Your dance teachers may be able to give you suggestions or contact information. Blessings.