I just launched and NEED HELP!
  • BrainCapital
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I just launched and NEED HELP!

by BrainCapital » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/292709064/escape-feature-length-film-practical-fx-sci-fi-adv

Hi, I just launched and I need help. I have been the sole person working on this project for months. Well, actors and my production designer but I am graphic designer, camera-man, EVERYTHING! I am sort of a loner and really don't go in for facebook or anything. I knew I needed help but I didn't think I would just be completely overlooked. I thought something would have happened and nothing has. I don't even have something terrible to react to. I just keep cold-calling/ e-mailing people I think might be interested local bloggers and art folks but no response. I know how to get youtube views but how to get people to donate???????????

Last night, I figured. Well, this is I guess how it is gonna be and just launched the thing. I figured if it was up someone would look at it. I am starting to doubt everything! I don't want to start bugging people on Day 1 that I got personal commitments from but it is just frustrating. Well, I just thought.... if it was good..... Maybe it isn't. It probably isn't. Eh, so what. I guess I will act like a fool for a month telling everyone about it and get 1 buck. Not a big deal--I can fail. Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent somewhere.

I guess if anyone sees this or whatever. And you see a major flaw that I am missing in the campaign. Well, you can e-mail me directly at: austenm606@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Austen

• InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: I just launched and NEED HELP!

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Austen
    No worries, I am freakinf out too and I am sure there are VERY successful crowd funders out there who had a different type of freak out when their project shot to the moon--such as, I am going to be LIVING at the post office!
    You need to bug people.
    You need to "do the Facebook" thing .
    The cure for cancer could be invented but if it sat in a hut in the middle of the Gobi desert how is anyone going to know it is there?
    Unless you get a Staff Pick your project is in the Gobi desert and it is your month long job to try to SCREAM FROM THE ROOFTOPS if need be and drive traffic to your page. Kickstarer gives us the field but WE have to play ball.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I just launched and NEED HELP!

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:38 pm

InfiniteHorizonsUly wrote:Austen

The cure for cancer could be invented but if it sat in a hut in the middle of the Gobi desert how is anyone going to know it is there?

Unless you get a Staff Pick your project is in the Gobi desert and it is your month long job to try to SCREAM FROM THE ROOFTOPS if need be and drive traffic to your page. Kickstarer gives us the field but WE have to play ball.

Well said!

"I am starting to doubt everything! I don't want to start bugging people on Day 1 that I got personal commitments from but it is just frustrating. Well, I just thought.... if it was good..... Maybe it isn't. It probably isn't. Eh, so what. I guess I will act like a fool for a month telling everyone about it and get 1 buck. Not a big deal--I can fail. Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent somewhere."

Bug people on Day 1. You should aim to raise as much as possible in the first week. Have you gotten any feedback from any film enthusiasts or movie lovers you have reached out to?

I am also a natural introvert, but in business you need to make the effort to go to the people and adopt a sales mentality. I'm not saying you need to come off as stereotypical salesman (which no one likes), but you do need to talk and network with people. You or a teammate needs to sell people on your idea and convince them why it's a great thing to be a part of.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.