Post Reply 118 posts
How to save money on ads? I got you covered.
    meirs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to save money on ads? I got you covered.

by meirs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks for the helpful information.

ActivePuzzle - Turn Puzzles into Robots

Now live on Kickstarter: https://zurl.co/hm97

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivePuzzle,
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ActivePuzzle
  • DeadboltFilms
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DeadboltFilms » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Great post!
  • SucculentScribbles
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SucculentScribbles » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:28 am

Great post!

I unfortunately spent some money on advertising that didn't work at all, but I know my fanbase and with a few good tags, suddenly my twitter post of 3 retweets has now been retweeted 100 times, and I now have been funded 30% and its only been 3 days of this kickstarter out of 60. I feel I'm going to a good start so far :)
    Pawpsockets Kickstarter~

SucculentScribbles I'm a jack of all trades artisan with a focus on handmade terrariums, plushies, and jewelry!
  • AlexRendon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AlexRendon » Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 am

I"m assuming you're referring to Facebook ads.

I agree with this notion.

However, I guess you could track back a little and say "just post your stuff on FB as often as possible," for free.. duh!

When I say post on FB for free. I'm referring to video content preferably as it converts, and is recalled better by your warm audience.

Then when you're ready to launch your project. Create a retargeting ad and only show your campaign promo video to those who watched 50% or more of your video(from the free postings that you build up to the launch in order to create the audience you'll need to retarget).

This guarantees you low cost ads as this post suggest. It's been proven in multiple case studies.

Personally, I'd recommend launching campaign using a referral software for a month to get reach other social networks like Twitter and Instagram.
  • dlgspring
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dlgspring » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:34 am

• amebastuff
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by amebastuff » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Besides building your fanbase, what about buying database of backers?
    My first kickstarter campaign (Bad Boss Card Game):
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/am ... ref=awet1b
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 pm

Here are some additional low-to-no budget strategies to build an audience for your campaign:

Friends, family and personal contacts
    Getting a detailed list of anyone who you’ve ever met or somehow connected to you is a great first start for doing this.

Doing so will help you build an audience of who to communicate with.

There are people:

1. Who are discovering you through your product
    2. Who you know or who are your friends and family and you’re connected to.

People in the second group might not have any idea you’re working on this but you have some connection with them. This segment is what we’re focusing on right now. We’ll split them into different tiers:

Tier 1: someone who you know pretty well and you’ve had contact with in the last 2 years. If you reach out they’ll say “oh yes, of course I know who this person is”.
      Tier 2: someone who is an acquaintance. Someone you’ve met at some point in your life and have not contacted so often. Maybe a business colleague with. Someone who you’ve met through a mutual friend or someone you’ve just met once.
      Tier 3: people who you haven’t met yet. People you’ve connected with through LinkedIn or friends you’ve made through Facebook.
      The reason why we split them into different categories is because you’ll be speaking to those people differently according to your relationship with them. You’ll be speaking to them very differently depending on if you have a shared history or if you’ve just met a few times.

Export your Gmail address book

Go to contacts in Gmail
      Click “export”
      Select “all my contacts”
      Select “CSV” format
      Export your Facebook friends email list

Create Yahoo email (only purpose is to export list, we’re not using the email at all)
      Click “Contacts”
      Click “Import from Facebook”
      Click “Continue”
      Go to “Contacts” app on Mac
      Click “Add Account”
      Add “Yahoo” account
      Select all contacts
      Click “Export as vcard” (do this about 500 contacts at a time since there are file size limits)
      Upload to vCard to CSV converter
      Copy the first name and email into the same Google Sheets as the Gmail contacts

Once you have all your contacts in one big sheet, you’ll start deleting rows of those who you don’t know or who you don’t want to talk to about your project. The other rows that are leftover manually sort them into different tiers so you’ll know how to communicate with them about your campaign.

Boost on-the-ground tactics
    Expand your reach by investing your time into other on-the-ground tactics.

Sell on the street to passers-by
      Go door-to-door, asking for recommendations
      Host a party at the house of a potential customer
      Attend conferences specific to your industry
      Speak at local MeetUps or public library events
      Submit your project to the local newspaper

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Spend your time finding people, talking to people and building relationships. That’s the only way to get your idea, project and brand out there.

With these low-budget strategies above you have the opportunity to be directly connected with people.

There’s a higher chance that you’ll be communicating with these people 1-on-1 through phone calls, direct email, face to face conversations or even Facebook Messenger chatting.

This is highly valuable since you’ll be able to get customer feedback and insight even before you launch your crowdfunding campaign. You’ll be able to get answers to any questions you might be unsure of and even get answers to questions you never knew you had.

Talking to so many people and practicing your project pitch day in and day out will also help you nail down your pitch for when it does come time to create your crowdfunding campaign page.

Offer “friends & family discount”
      Secret perks
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • Lucifi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Lucifi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for your tips!
    Will read you. We just launch a Kickstarter campaign, Lucifi The Wi-Fi Smart Outdoor Light Reinvented and your content is really handy. We don't wanna spend tones of money on ads.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:45 pm

I see that you guys are already more than halfway to your goal! Congratulations! Be sure to activate your in-campaign strategies:
    - Run a referral program to your existing backers. They will undoubtedly be connected to others with a similar mindset/in a similar demographic and can bring others to contribute to the campaign. Maybe offer an extra goodie to the top 3 referrers.
    - Outreach to other live projects on the platform to run cross-promotions (mutual shoutouts) to get some additional traffic (and potentially backers) to your project. This will be especially helpful if you outreach to other smart home projects live on the platform.
    - Continue outreaching to a relevant publication, blogger, journalist, influencer, etc every single day.

Best of luck to you!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • monsur
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by monsur » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks for the tips on ads
Post Reply 118 posts