How to keep the Crowdfunding ball rolling?
  • Visage Studios
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to keep the Crowdfunding ball rolling?

by Visage Studios » Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi-
    I'm a 16 year old English student about to begin exams, who thought it was the right time to launch a Kickstarter campaign.

As an 'aspiring' film director I've created a whole body of work, mostly hidden within windows file explorer, and so several months ago I decided to create a Kickstarter campaign for my most ambitious project yet: Protect and Survive. However, now halfway through the process, I realised how drastically I underestimated the amount of work required to keep the ball rolling.

And so now a whole week into the dreaded plateau, I'm not sure how to continue. Where is there for me to reach backers? how do I reach backers? My analytics show me that the project viewcount is low, and so I believe that's whats holding me back, moreover all my backers are people I know/have relations with in real life. Finding this out was very depressing as know I know neither my project or promotion has created much of a splash on the wider world. So if anyone has any tips or ideas to help I'd greatly appreciate it, I still have two weeks left and so hope for Protect and Survive to make some sort of recovery. Despite the onset of death-by-exams I'm still going to do some more promotion.
    Anyways... thanks for listening to my rant if only for two paragraphs, and I hope you all good luck for all your future projects.

Harvey
    Last edited by Visage Studios on Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My first campaign is live: http://kck.st/2I1YKKH
    Post-apocalyptic tale of revenge and what it means to be human: Protect and Survive
  • Vanessa
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: What makes us HUMAN?

by Vanessa » Mon May 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Harvey,
    It is great that people you know have supported your campaign at the beginning as they create the momentum which will be continued by backers that you don't know. However, it seems that you haven't prepared well in your pre launch period to spread the word about your project as much as you can, which is usually done by building a large email list for a period of 2-3 months before launch.
    What you can do now to boost your campaign is to create highly targeted facebook ads which are proven to be great aid for crowdfunding campaigns.
    https://www.krowdster.co/blog/how-to-cr ... paign.html
    #1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to keep the Crowdfunding ball rolling?

by Cristina » Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • kladman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to keep the Crowdfunding ball rolling?

by kladman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I've found that a combination of targeted facebook ads and physically taking a prototype (or in your case a preview or trailer) of your product to specific groups helps raise awareness and generates interest