Post Reply 213 posts
How to become a VIP (free promotion)
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to become a VIP (free promotion)

by Charles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 pm

If I may suggest, a lot of people that come here will obviously be seeking advice for their own Kickstarter project, particularly a lot of first-timers to launching a Kickstarter project.

I think that what you are after are quality postings, rather than postings for the sake of posting, just to get the VIP credit. Running a Kickstarter is time-consuming. So, at least for their first Kickstarter, I would encourage you to consider a lower number of postings. I checked my own posting tally, while writing this message. This response to you will be 100 postings for me. Many, I think, will move on from this forum, after their Kickstarter project dies - unless responses to their project postings keep them coming back here. Many will see 50 as too high of a number, especially when considered in the context of how much time that trying to launch and run a Kickstarter on little to no experience can consume.

Even half of fifty, at 25 postings, can seem time-consuming. I say that as someone who wasn't even launching and running a Kickstarter. I think that 20 is a good number, for first-time Kickstarter individuals. As far as promotions for subsequent reaching of goals, you would know better than I would about how much of your own time that that would potentially consume.

You could set a certain number of postings to gain a promotion, and then in conjunction with that, offer additional on-the-spot promotions that you, in your own judgment, feel are of particular, notable value, and grant promotions on a case-by-case basis.

I don't say that, because I post fairly frequently here. Rather, I just think that what you are after is quality, to help this site gain a reputation as a definite "go to" place for obtaining and sharing Kickstarter-related advice (and maybe other crowd-funding types of advice other than Kickstarter, as well). Thus far, I mainly focus on Kickstarter, even though I think that other funding models (aside from all or none) have considerable merit, also.

For people asking for promotions for projects that they are not the creator of, such as myself, to use my own self as an example, I think that the number that you pick should be higher than for actual project creators. Ultimately, and again this is my opinion of one, I think that the desirable commodity is quality postings, not any sheer number of postings.

I never came to this site intending to set up shop here, but apparently I have made an abode here, just the same. Whether someone comes for a short while, or whether they stay for a long span of time, the underlying desirable commodity is quality over quantity.

I am also still pondering your PM to me from yesterday. I appreciate the shout out for that one project that I was backing, but some of your other comments, I want to give some thought to.

Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • onesuit
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onesuit » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:49 pm

In your articlle "What no-one tells you about kickstarter before you launch" you mention 3 things you must do: prepare, educate yourself & work hard!
    Nothing is for free, so if I have to post 50 times to benefit then I will. However, I want to ensure I post quality information. And as I am new to forum discussions it may take me a while to get used to being here and that time is days ticking away on my project.

Maybe 30 posts would be more realistic?

Cheers,
    Kerry

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... r-commuter
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

It definitely sounds reasonable. :) Thank you!

I just posted a bit about myself and what I'm doing, but if anyone missed it somehow, let me know and I'll come to you and say Hi. :)

I'm working on this (and have been for a long time-seriously ready to get it made) http://www.chocolateisnotbetterthansex.com

Preliminary Poster, will be redone when we have all the cast ready.
    Preliminary Poster, will be redone when we have all the cast ready.
    chocolate.jpg.jpg (220.61 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
    Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think for now, we are going to stick with the 50 post requirement. We have a 20 post requirement promotion going on at CrowdfundingForum.com (to be tweeted out to that site's 50k twitter followers).

I'll consider what you said @charles I appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed critique.

Will respond to your PM shortly.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    nixiart

by nixiart » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:57 pm

This seems like a great opportunity. Looking at all of the posts it seems like getting funding can be very difficult.

Has this significantly helped people succeed in the past? I am certainly up for the challenge.
    nixiart

by nixiart » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 pm

I haven't launched my campaign yet does the VIP promotion still apply to me, even if my site is not public? I just want to start on the right foot and launch when I am really ready.

Thanks,

Nixiart
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:43 pm

nixiart wrote:I haven't launched my campaign yet does the VIP promotion still apply to me, even if my site is not public? I just want to start on the right foot and launch when I am really ready.

Thanks,

Nixiart

The postings that you make prior to creating your project will count. You just don't get the promotion, until you have 50 postings to your credit, here.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

jamzz92 wrote:hii.. sorry. im just trying to promote me and my best friend and our project.. its about helping us to appreciate our friendship and help us create a wonderful memory that we will be sharing with everyone who loves their friends and also have rewards for people who pledge.. we are from the UK but both of us live in different cities which is a common problem meeting up but with hopefully your help and many more pledges we can achieve to meet up again next month and be able to have an amazing friends day.. we have every month.. thanks for taking the time to read this.,. dont hesitate to message back or read our project page.. thanks again. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26 ... friendship

Just create a dedicated thread for your project, for people to discuss it.
  • Shayspenc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Shayspenc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 am

I think not only that this is a great idea but everyone would win in this situation. Being new to this I have done a lot of research and reading and more reading. There is so much you can do with a campaign but for me it is finding the time to do everything and then of course it does not happen overnight. So with that being said I am very happy to be here and I like this site and it's reputation. Now I just have get this thing going. Thank you! Sharon Spencer

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects-quen ... mory-fund/
  • onesuit
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onesuit » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 am

Yes. I have also been doing loads of reading and learning but it is very stressful as the days keep ticking away!! Hopefully we will get some results later in our campaign as a result of all our hard work.

Good luck

Kerry
    http://kck.st/1AdvDqV
Post Reply 213 posts