How much data do online games use?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How much data do online games use?

by charli55 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:32 am

Playing online games uses on average of 400 MB to 600 MB of data per hour which is less than 1 GB of data.

If you have a limited internet data plan then you will likely need to watch your data usage when playing online games.

However playing a few online games is unlikely to use a whole lot of data and you may or may not go over your data plan.

Playing online games also uses less data per hour than watching and streaming Netflix movies and shows.

If you have a limited data plan such as 1 TB then you could play several hundred online games before you reached or exceeded your limited data plan.

If you have an unlimited data plan then it's not an issue.

• DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How much data do online games use?

by DianaGibson90oXM » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:40 pm

not that much, I suppose, my computer runs pretty fast even with online games
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:42 pm

my lenovo can't deal with online games fast
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm

I'm personally fond of gaming and I usually try to find every few months new games. My life has actually changed when I discovered rocket league in 2015 when it was launched. I'm in love with this game. What's more, I have it since 2015 and there are always updates and really interesting features appearing. Moreover, I really enjoy that in-app purchases are pretty affordable. I've even found a rocket league trading to purchase various items for affordable prices with fast delivery. Really satisfied that this game exists!
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:46 pm

MrOsborne wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm I'm personally fond of gaming and I usually try to find every few months new games. My life has actually changed when I discovered rocket league in 2015 when it was launched. I'm in love with this game. What's more, I have it since 2015 and there are always updates and really interesting features appearing. Moreover, I really enjoy that in-app purchases are pretty affordable. I've even found a rocket league trading to purchase various items for affordable prices with fast delivery. Really satisfied that this game exists!
    omg, this source is so useful, it's the most reliable I've encountered!
    Apparat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Apparat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 pm

A lot
    kalvinbrown
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kalvinbrown » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 pm

It all depends on what game you are currently playing. It is also very important to take into account the platform on which you downloaded this game. For example, steam in most online games processes data directly on the server and sends the player packets of updated data. In modern games, if you think that you are spending a lot of traffic, then you can limit it in the game settings, but you should take into account the fact that there may be various problems associated with the player. The most important problem will be a large ping, which will prevent you from playing. I used to have constant ping problems, but I thought it was because I didn't have a powerful PC. As a result, I read this article https://thepcenthusiast.com/best-prebuilt-gaming-pc/ and bought a new PC, but the problem has not disappeared. Only after I fully understood why there are various friezes in online games, I changed the provider and all the problems disappeared. By the way, if you are interested in the exact value of traffic, then you can use the built-in functionality of Windows 10, which shows a detailed summary of traffic consumption by applications. Good luck!
  • Bubentruben
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Bubentruben » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:25 pm

I think on the Internet you can find a lot of information where and for how much to buy an inexpensive computer. But the truth is that some builds are sometimes just confusing. A weak processor paired with a strong graphics card. When I see this I want to leave an angry comment. I will direct you to the proven place Best Gaming Pc Under 500 Dollars https://insider.games/best-gaming-pc-under-500-dollars/ there are well balanced and quite powerful representatives here. There are very famous manufacturers. I really like flexible builds, the configuration of which can easily be upgraded. For example, you can put a more powerful processor without replacing the motherboard.