Post Reply 181 posts
How many hours do you spend/week on your project?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How many hours do you spend/week on your project?

by sbriggman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 am

I'm curious... I feel like most creators have a day job and they are running the passion project on the side.

1. How much time do you spend on your passion project per week?
    2. Do you usually work after work or on the weekends?

I admire that everyone here is so passionate about their side projects that they put in extra time to make them happen!

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • hollyelizabeth
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many hours do you spend/week on your project?

by hollyelizabeth » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06 pm

1. I try to work on my project after work but usually I do it on my day off.
    2. Working on my projects on weekends usually works best for me because I go to school and I work and I usually only get weekends off - so that's when I usually do all the work in my projects.
  • PartiQ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PartiQ » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 am

Me and my partner work on the project "PartiQ" as much as possible. Approx 10 hours per week, that's outside work. Much work gets done both during the week and the weekend, as soon as we have spare time.
  • arexxis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by arexxis » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I have the luxury to work on my project while being a sys admin. So it depends, between 16 and 24 hours a week
  • Gareth Craven
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Gareth Craven » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:35 pm

I've recently re-organized my daily work for my project from simple tasks, to time-related tasks. Which all adds up to 6 hours a day. My easiest task is an hour of marketing to artists, purely because it always gives results. Since my project is widely liked. For other tasks I struggle but you've got to work hard if you want to make your project a success
  • bent
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bent » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 am

Hi sbriggman ,I am working in mobile apps development project.Approx i spend the 24 hours for the project per week.I will come back shortly.Please keep in touch with us.Thanks a lot :D :D
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:33 am

In order to be truly successful you have to work as much as you can.

I work a day job selling medical air filtration devices -- being a salesmans I have very long hours.. waiting for calls to go to can be very stressful (because If I get no calls, it means I get no money :cry: )

I work about 10-12 hours a day with my sales job, and come home to work another 4-5 hours on my game (in development).... I have formed quite the bags under my eyes but I know once I see my game out on the app market, my heart will be filled with joy.

My dream has always been to make a game of my own. I grew up testing video games for my family owned video/video game rental business. Now that we have the technology to make this possible, I can't wait to make this dream a reality.

AND IM ALREADY ON MY WAY! My friend Erik and I have been developing a 'zelda' inspired game for android and apple devices... we worked as hard as we could for 4 months (during the summer months as Erik had to attend University).

We have come a long way since drawing on the blackboard and we can't wait to show you what we have in store --- we will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in the coming months to boost this game to its full potential.... the possibilities are endless with the our innovative map layering system!

Drew
    http://www.rollplaygamesltd.com
    http://www.twitter.com/rpglimited
    http://www.facebook.com/rollplaygamesltd
  • uttoransen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by uttoransen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Generally when the project isn't started and I am fielding on the pre-launch, that is when I work for a few hours every day and get some progress going. However when the project has already started, I try to stay full time on it and give as much as possible.

A project runs for 30 to 60 days and time really flies when you have a running project. So, I guess keeping it on the side does not makes a good choice. We really need to bring it at the center of our vision and give it full time,

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,
    We back and promote every Crowd Funding Campaign posted on our Crowd Speaking website.
  • kickflys
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kickflys » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:51 pm

I usually like to spend 10 to 20 hours a week. Wish I had more time to do so.
    appsolutelystudios
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by appsolutelystudios » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

We've been spending around 4-5 hours a day, just launched today. Waiting to get some good return :)
Post Reply 181 posts