Hot off the presses! Our new project video!
    JohnsOldTruck
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Hot off the presses! Our new project video!

by JohnsOldTruck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 am

Looking for as much feedback as I can get, since I have ZERO experience in crowdfunding. If you could check out the video (which was recorded three days ago) and the rest of our preview page and share some feedback I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / dot com: JohnsOldTruck
    Stop by anytime!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... n=8bd46bde
  • Shayspenc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Hot off the presses! Our new project video!

by Shayspenc » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 am

I actually looked at the video's you did a great job. I am like you a newbie to crowdfunding. My campaign unfortunately
    is not as enjoyable as yours.

If you can just please look at mine and just spread the word that is all that I am asking for. I am thinking about doing a
    video but mine would be a little difficult to do, but I will figure out something.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quen ... emory-fund.
    Thank you and God Bless!

Sharon Spencer
    JohnsOldTruck
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JohnsOldTruck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

So very sorry for your loss. I'll share the link...
    Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / dot com: JohnsOldTruck
    Stop by anytime!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... n=8bd46bde
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi John,

I think that you are looking for honest feedback.....

I am not particularly interested in cars as long as the get me from A to B. However, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't back a car project, but you would need to be grab my attention a lot sooner!

I watched to 1 minute 7 seconds and didn't have a clue about your project - I then looked at the length of video, over 8 minutes, and stopped watching!

I think that the average Youtube video is just over 4 minutes..

...And I found this article on crowdfundingdojo

"Problem 5: Bloat

Antoine de Saint-Exupery once said "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Your backers are busy. If they're not intrigued by your project quickly, they leave. While most Kickstarter videos average around 6-10 minutes or longer, the million dollar earning Kickstarter projects had a median length of only 3 minutes 57 seconds. Think about that.

Solution: Remove the fluff. Repeatedly. You have only moments to grab backers attention, and then seconds to help them understand how your project helps something they care about. It's important to be brutally honest about asking what you could possibly remove from your video / project page rather than asking what information you could add. Go over it again and again, until you just couldn't bare to remove another thing. If unsure it's better to either leave it out or tuck it away in an FAQ (accessible after you launch). If you get a lot of questions about it, by all means, put it back in, but just realize that every second of video, and every line of text that isn't making your audience more interested, is a chance of losing them. Remove those chances."

For our project I am aiming for a 2.5 - 3 minute video.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Andy
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi John,

Had a quick look at your pledge levels - $1-$25 - to raise $35.000 at an average pledge of $15, you would need over 2,300 pledges - that is a huge amount of pledges! I think you need rewards at higher levels, if you are going to raise your target.

Maybe, you should start with a much lower target ($5.000?) to get your truck roadworthy and then add stretch goals if you are initially successful.

My project needs $24.000 to get it off the ground, then I have 2 stretch goals to $51.500 (and I am only looking for 1000 pledges for the whole project ),

Best wishes,

Andy
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey John,

In college, I took this writing composition class (which I hated - I was a math based major) where students would read each other's papers and comment about each paragraph, summarizing the point of each paragraph. It was an interesting exercise on focus because it let the author know what the audience was getting out of that specific paragraph and asked the question about whether or not that was the intent of the author. Here's what I got from the video:

0:03 "...at the highschool walking in to the car show to benefit the touchdown club..."
    0:10 talking about Dan's car
    0:41 talking about Mike's car
    1:23 talking about Bruce's car
    1:51 talking about Dave's car
    2:13 recap of the car show and introducing next stop, Sycamore restaurant with car cruises. Plug about John's Old truck with Sycamore as the first stop.
    3:15 talking about Byran' car
    3:58 Viewing different cars
    4:19 talking about Joe's car
    5:15 talking about Steve's car. Also noted that Steve fixed the frame of John's Old Truck.
    6:18 talking about Ed's car
    7:08 talking about Wynn's car
    8:10 Thanks audience for watching

I hope this helps.
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!