Hi, & signup process is wierd
  • MainlandMachine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hi, & signup process is wierd

by MainlandMachine » Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi, I'm working on a Kickstarter project and joined to get other creators feedback before going live. I'll share the link once it's to that point.

However I'd like to mention the signup process for this forum is very weird. I almost gave up, going thru this multi-step and unclear process. Have others experienced this? I got shunted off to a different site, and had to subscribe for 0 dollars, and then had to download a pdf with link. It was all very unclear and took a bit of effort.

• Backerpress

Re: Hi, & signup process is wierd

by Backerpress » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 am

Hey MainlandMachine, Welcome to the forum!

I actually found the old signup process strange but not at all difficult, but I just tried to resign up to see what it is like and I agree that it is a little confusing now. It looks like Salvador is running the signup process through another software application because either he is adding an extra level to weed out the spammers, or he is testing a new registration and payment system. I remember a while back that he posted about possibly making this forum 'premium' with a small fee to join (which I think would be pretty cool btw). It looks like with that software you can charge a free to register which may be what he is moving towards so it'll be great to have Salvador himself chime in on what he is planning :)

Either way, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions then please feel free to get in touch as I am fairly active here. Cheers mate!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
  • MainlandMachine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Hi, & signup process is wierd

by MainlandMachine » Mon May 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback.. ya, just worried that the process will discourage people from joining site.