Hello, new guy here.
  • LouisV
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Hello, new guy here.

by LouisV » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Louis Vissepo and I'm from Southern Florida. I recently just launched my kickstarter project and I'm very excited about it but also nervous. Kickstarter seems to bring a wide array of emotions out of you lol. To sum up my project in a few words it would be Acoustically Illuminated Wall Sculptures. You can check out more information on the site itself http://tinyurl.com/lumacco

Any support, feedback, or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello, new guy here.

by sbriggman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Hey Louis. I'm from Washington, Dc - In the process of moving to NYC early august. 45 to 699 is kind of a big jump for reward tiers. Maybe could include one or two in-between? What kinds of emotions?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • LouisV
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by LouisV » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:32 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy with the project. As far as the jump between 45-699, yes it is kind of a big jump but seeing as how our products are large sized wall sculptures it's hard to try to come up with a reward that fits who we are and what we're about in the $100-$200 range that's worth owning. What would you suggest for a reward in that price category?

The emotions we're feeling are very varied but they are; excitement, proud, anxiety, fear of failure, urgency.
  • ACLeathercraft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ACLeathercraft » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi
    Love your project but a little out of my price range, especially as we are in the UK. Hope it works well for you though :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429 ... xury-leath
  • LouisV
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by LouisV » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:41 pm

ACLeathercraft wrote:Hi
    Love your project but a little out of my price range, especially as we are in the UK. Hope it works well for you though :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429 ... xury-leath

Thanks for the compliment, I hope we get funded. Unfortunately we have to offer them at that price point. I originally wanted to sell the production level sculptures at $700-$800 a piece, but when we did the math that barely covered the cost of the materials and parts, not including the huge amount of labor and the electricity spent on the tools making them. We're using premium materials such as anodized aluminum and cast acrylic. Even the rare-earth metal magnets used are expensive, over $1 a piece, and when each wall sculpture uses around 100 magnets you can start to get an idea of how fast the cost of material's adds up. :cry:
    I guess we have no choice but to sell in the high end design market, even though we kind of wanted to be a bit more mainstream :(

Well I'll be sure to tweet about your project to help get you a few more pledges. If budget permitting I'll try to support your project. Good luck with it, I hope you meet funding! :)

P.S. We will be adding rewards in the $500-$700 range within the next day or so since we know $1,500 and upwards is a big chunk of cash that a lot of people can't spare.
  • ACLeathercraft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ACLeathercraft » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi Louis
    Thanks for the support :D

Please don't apologise for the price of your product, it is a truly wonderful idea and I think it will go really well. If I was still living in Florida and still a realtor, I would be promoting it everywhere but unfortunately I got caught in the market crash and had to move back to England with nothing more than my family, pets and suitcases :(

Onward and upward though - persistence and determination=success (or so I have always believed!)
  • LouisV
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by LouisV » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:28 pm

ACLeathercraft wrote:Hi Louis
    Thanks for the support :D

Please don't apologise for the price of your product, it is a truly wonderful idea and I think it will go really well. If I was still living in Florida and still a realtor, I would be promoting it everywhere but unfortunately I got caught in the market crash and had to move back to England with nothing more than my family, pets and suitcases :(

Onward and upward though - persistence and determination=success (or so I have always believed!)

I'm sorry to hear you were caught in the market crash. :( You are right, persistence and determination = success :) Well I hope your KickStarter project goes well, I'll be checking in from time to time and tweeting it. Best of Luck! :)