Hello from A Bird Without Wings!
  • WithoutWingsDoc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hello from A Bird Without Wings!

by WithoutWingsDoc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello! My name is Diana and I am a co-producer for A Bird Without Wings, a documentary focusing on child abuse awareness. The documentary will explore a young-adult's abusive childhood, the legal system that failed to protect him, and his current search for his sexual identity. Our goal with this documentary is to tell the individual's story of his abusive past, raise awareness and find out why so many children aren't protected under the legal system, and hopefully stop child abuse once and for all. This project is very special to us, especially the director (she has known the individual for a couple of years and has tried to help him during the abuse).

The documentary will be broken down into three main components. First, we will interview the individual and follow his life currently in New York City as a college student. Next, we will interview professionals who work closely with either child abuse cases, victims, or people who raise awareness and prevention. And finally, we will film reenactments of the individual's past in order to tell the story more effectively.

The link to our Kickstarter is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/328347355/a-bird-without-wings.

We're less than halfway through our campaign and still had a long way to go, but I really hope that we will reach our goal. Let me know what you think! I wish I had known about the forum before we started our Kickstarter, but it's better late than never.

Thanks!
    Diana

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello from A Bird Without Wings!

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey Diana - Welcome to the forum. Would recommend checking out the cross promotion conversation thread to help boost pledges. find-other-campaigners-interested-in-cross-promotion-f11.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.