Electric mirrors not working
  • TomSands
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Electric mirrors not working

by TomSands » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Help!

Replaced electric seats with memory for manual M seats and now the mirrors wont move. Are they related in some way? I think the memory adjust mirror position aswell but I am not sure.

Anyway, I would like some suggestion as what to do now. Should I look for a normal mirror installation and swap it for mine or maybe just splice some wires and be fine with it. I wanted to swap PRE restyling mirrors for my restyling (I like the old ones better) and the old ones have 4 wires (brown white black and blue) and the restyling has a ton of them with many different colors. None of them are the same between mirrors. I guess the new ones are heated or something I dont know.

Any idea? Maybe some wiring diagrams or something? Help!

• MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Electric mirrors not working

by MrOsborne » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:38 am

That must be wiring done bad, or the electrical motor which is in charge of moving the window on your car is not working properly, the fix should be easy.
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Emad785 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:41 am

I have bought a car from China, and I was surprised how good it was. I expected wiring problems, but there were none. I was used to the fact that all the things made in China are not that good, but in the recent time they've shown that the product quality is much better than it was maybe 10 years ago. The car I had before was German, and it had wiring problems. That's when I would hire charlotte nc electrical contractor. I had electrical problems both in my house, and in my car, and they've always managed to solve all the problems.
  • RileyParker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RileyParker » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 pm

MrOsborne wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:38 am That must be wiring done bad, or the electrical motor which is in charge of moving the window on your car is not working properly, the fix should be easy.
    It's the wiring 90% of the times.
  • Alerases
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Alerases » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:00 am

I often did not like the ineffectiveness of such mirrors because they often malfunctioned. That's why I often had to contact the experts from https://gordonpowers.com.au/suburb/electrician-gladesville/ Electricians from this company have often helped me to deal with various electrical problems, including with electric mirrors, which is discussed in this thread. I think that you will find their help valuable, which once helped me get rid of this problem. I hope I was helpful to you with this recommendation
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by serenity007 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:46 pm

you should see a professional repair master