Cost of living?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Cost of living?

by charli55 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi, guys. So, I'm 20 years old, and I'm trying to figure out how much money it will take to live independently (i.e. not with my parents). I live in Chicago, so most Studio apartments cost about $ 1,000 a month, but I'm wondering how much I should pay for other things like food and other things?

So far, my best score is about 22-24k a year, which should be comfortable enough, but I do play ball a lot of things.

Note: I will not own a car, instead I will use a transit system that costs $ 86 a month.

Thank you for any help!!!

• moreau1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Cost of living?

by moreau1991 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 pm

Life in Chicago is very expensive, you have to save some money before going there
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Cost of living?

by MrOsborne » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:06 pm

That's a good initiative to live independently. I haven't lived in Chicago, but I have stayed for a while in New York and the life there was very expensive, I had to work at two jobs in order to afford it. I suppose in Chicago it will be the same. You should check all the information regarding the prices and the costs of living on costoflivingreports.com. I found this site very useful, as it provides many insights regarding life in a new country or another city. You have to be sure that you can afford to move to Chicago. Good luck to you.