CORD Knives: Just launched low funding goal first campaign
  • CORD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

CORD Knives: Just launched low funding goal first campaign

by CORD » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Hey everyone!
    I just launched a small side project Kickstarter, CORD knives! These are high quality made in the USA high-carbon steel blades, wrapped in 550 paracord with 50+ color choices. There’s nothing crazy innovative or novel here just dependable, customizable, mimalistic everyday carry knives.

I’m launching with a low funding goal of just $500 to get initial inventory together and already have $46 pledged in about 12 hours. It’s prety difficult to get more traffic as you can’t advertise knives really anywhere but I’m confident I can make it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, you can check out the campaign here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... n=77b869a5

• AccolourProductions
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: CORD Knives: Just launched low funding goal first campai

by AccolourProductions » Sat May 04, 2019 6:54 am

I'm not completely knowledgeable about Campaigns that deal with knives or it's creation, but I can at least give you some advice from the perspective of someone looking to back projects.

I would try adding a video displaying the knives and what makes it unique compared to other knives on the market. Also I would increase the depth of your page as it doesn't feel very meaty. I would also work on creating more consistent and more filling reward tiers. The lanyard is cute and makes sense at a ten dollar price, but the tiers above it seem to go well above an affordable price for what the backer is getting. When I looked at the project I could see myself backing it, however upon seeing how much I would have to pay just to get one blade was pretty intense. On top of that there are two Tiers offering the same reward except one is offering it at 10% off the first 5. Would be better to make early bird special tier that only lasted for a few days and offered a set amount of blades at a cheaper price.

Either way you still have 23 days left to the project. You never know what might happen. Keep your chin up and keep advertising that bad boy where ever you can!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: CORD Knives: Just launched low funding goal first campai

by Cristina » Sun May 26, 2019 8:17 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: CORD Knives: Just launched low funding goal first campaign

by Angomod » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:10 am

Congratulations, it looks perfect! If you're saying that it is made of steel, it must be high quality. If that's not the case, you should improve the quality of your knives because it's the first thing people pay attention to when buying one. From my personal experience, I can tell you that a cheap knife won't last too long. You'll be able to tell by the negative reviews. I found a lot of useful info about the steel used in the manufacturing of expensive, quality knives on KnifeResource.com. It might help you improve the quality of your product.