Color Olors on kickstarter
  • colorolors
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Color Olors on kickstarter

by colorolors » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Nina and I am the creator and author of a new series of children's books. This new series is The World of Color Olors. I have recently started a kickstarter campaign to help me with the illustration and printing of my books.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... olor-olors

I was referred to Kickstarter by my illustrator, Chris Padovano. He is a wonderful artist by the way if ever anyone needs an illustrator. Little did I know how tough marketing my kickstarter campaign would be. This whole thing happened so fast that I simply was not prepared. One minute I was was still writing and the next thing I knew I had an illustrator to bring my books to life. I am on twitter and facebook for my Color Olors now. I would love to have more friends on my facebook and twitter so, please look for me and add me.

I am not real sure where else to market and I will continue to do more research. I am happy to have found this forum though and I can't wait to look at everyone's posts.

There is a world of color out there and I am excited to see that my dream of getting my books out into the world is finally becoming a reality. Wish me luck everyone!

Nina

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Color Olors on kickstarter

by sbriggman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Nina. Welcome to the forum! How would you normally go about marketing a children's book? Have you discovered any blogs related to children's books?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • colorolors
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Color Olors on kickstarter

by colorolors » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Getting exposure on kickstarter is tough I say and I wish I had done some homework prior to launching. I would have absolutely done things a little differently within the first 24 hours. Oh well, I have been using my personal facebook and twitter accounts plus cafe mom and a few other boards. I set up Color Olors facebook and twitter too as I mentioned earlier in my introduction post. I am on Wordpress and Quora now too. I keep searching daily to find places to promote my Kickstarter. This is tough but nonetheless, I am very determined and I thank you for the suggestions. I will go check them out.