children's fiction picture books using photographs as the illustrations
  • ediekarras
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

children's fiction picture books using photographs as the illustrations

by ediekarras » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:36 pm

Greetings all,

I'm Edie, and I'm a Minneapolis independent photographer whose been taking pictures for over 30 years. Over the decades I created numerous products with my imagery; from ceramic tiles to scarves to mugs - and of course, prints. A few years ago I was searching for something different to do with my art. After a lot of research and discussion, I decided to create a children's picture book using my photos as the illustrations. I found a publishing company to work with me and I created my first book called "Let's Go For a Wander" - a little story about what you might see in a city park throughout the seasons.

Now - I'm on to book #2 - "Bearcub, Sprite, and Little Grey" - again, a picture book, about my three cats and their differing personalities, activites, and cuddly natures.

This is the first time I've tried raising money through Kickstarter. I do think it's a good way to fundraise, but I did not fully anticipate donor fatigue, and I'm daunted by the idea of joining dozens of additional sites for exposure. Nevertheless, I will keep plugging away and see how it goes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ed ... rm=bearcub

Edie
    emkarts.com