Campaign for micro-budget action film goes live
  • themalachi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Campaign for micro-budget action film goes live

by themalachi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi!

We just uploaded our current film project, Red Acquisition, to Kickstarter. We're looking to reach out to those who have any help or advice to give as we are, frankly, woefully new to the whole crowd-sourcing thing.

You can check out the project at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93 ... cquisition

Any thoughts and feedback on the layout, video, content, etc, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Campaign for micro-budget action film goes live

by Charles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:15 pm

You have a great project image - but, the white of the truck gets washed out in the smaller version of the project image, so the visual impact is less.

I loaded the project page, and your project image immediately caught my eye. I took the visual bait, and clicked on the play button for your video.

I watched the entire video. I think that the action scenes, particularly, look great, but nothing about the video is terrible. The video is fairly long, at a tad over five minutes. BUT.....it's interesting.

I finished watching the video, and without even scrolling down your project page, I became your third backer. I'm only in for $10 - but, I don't do large pledges, so the amount of my pledge should not be interpreted as diminished interest in this film.

What I saw in that project video is more interesting than the vast majority of movie trailers that come out of Hollywood. One small moment in the film reminded me of a Jason Bourne scene - the hand action, not because of a huge Bourne-esque fight scene.

Get your project video in front of enough eyes, and it, alone, will sell people on this project.

Your visual dividers, those photographs, look good. I don't care for the part on the left side of some of them, the image that you use behind the money amount. That could be greatly improved upon. But, I'm already sold on this project.

By and large, I usually don't really care much about rewards offered by Kickstarter projects. But, this one, you're damned right that I want to see this film. Most movies that I see at the theater, when I even bother to go, anymore, turn out to be a waste of money. This film, right here, is easily worth the ten bucks that I am pledging. I definitely want THIS reward!
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:59 pm

I went ahead and shared it on Facebook for you, also.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • themalachi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by themalachi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:16 am

Hey Charles!

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the kind words on the video, I can't say how incredibly uplifting they were to read. Being told that you want to see the finished movie is quite possibly the highest compliment we could be paid.

I'll definitely try and improve the reward graphics in the next day or so, I am kind of picking up photoshop as I go so hopefully attempt 2 will look better.

And thank you so much for the facebook share, we're doing our best to get the word out there and your help is greatly appreciated.