Apollo VII – XVII introduction
    apollo-VII-XVII
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Apollo VII – XVII introduction

by apollo-VII-XVII » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

New to the forum with this account, but already visited a lot during my thesis which I wrote about Kickstarter, I'm a 24 year old art director who works at a creative agency in Amsterdam. About a week ago we went live with our latest Kickstarter project and thought you might like the story behind the concept.

Generally the Apollo astronauts are hailed for being some of the greatest scientists, adventurers, explorers and heroes, but rarely are they portrayed as some of the most significant photographers of all time.

We had already been searching for a book that do these images justice, but with the recent release of the nearly 15,000 Apollo mission photographs on Flickr by Kipp Teague, our frustration grew even bigger. Because this book just doesn’t seem to exist.

It dawned on us: we make books all the time, so why not make it ourselves? To create a book which combines our love of photography with the history of space travel. A book that immortalises not only these historic photographs but also the iconic image-makers that these astronauts were.

You can check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1230804867/nasas-apollo-program-vii-xvii

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

Joel and the rest of the Apollo VII – XVII Kickstarter team

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Apollo VII – XVII introduction

by hyperstarter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 am

Hi Joel,

Great campaign, I think you'll meet your target! If you want some comments on it...here goes:

The video is great, it's pretty much perfect in that it's short, to the point and explains your motivation and who is behind this project.

The page is good too, but who has featured you already? I'm guessing this is mainly a US focused project as it was a worldwide event but the nostalgia behind it is more connected with America, Space Events, Apollo Anniversaries and so on.

Did you connect with NASA and their familes?

Quick question: You write that in April+ you'll do further research into the copyrights of these images. I think it's critical you do it now. The question in my mind is the legal aspects - Can you really use these photos, quote "Nasa" on your front cover and other technical info - if you can, then you should mention it on the page, as I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of this whilst looking at the page.

All the best. If you need any help with finding Influencers who can write about your campaign or other advice, feel free to PM me on this board.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about