Amanda Palmer: The art of asking
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Amanda Palmer: The art of asking

by sbriggman » Mon May 19, 2014 6:41 pm

TedTalk: "Don't make people pay for music: Let them." In this video, Amanda examines the new relationship between artists and fans.

What do you think?

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    BumptoBaby

Re: Amanda Palmer: The art of asking

by BumptoBaby » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 am

I loved this video. What a great concept, and it does take courage to do this and she's worked up to it and it seems to be part of who she is as an artist. I think this would work for someone, but not as a blanket strategy necessarily. It kinda reminds me of Humble Bundles.
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:37 pm

sbriggman wrote:What do you think?

I think that I didn't want to watch a video that is 13 minutes and 47 seconds long.

But...I watched it, anyway.

I think that it's worth watching. I think that she should ignore people who feel that she shouldn't crowdfund, simply because she has been successful at doing it, previously, or because she's become a celebrity, which to many translates into being a de facto success.

I think that she comprehends the concept of personal connection, and that she's mastered the art of connecting with people on an individual, meaningful level.

Clearly, she has grasped a basic fundamental lesson of life - that what you are doing, at any given moment, is learning and preparation for something else, later in life, whether for yourself or for someone else.

Plus, she likes people. More importantly, she likes individual human beings. I think that she's learned to live, rather than to merely exist.

That's what I think, Salvador Briggman.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • tristannyc

by tristannyc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 am

This is an age old truth. You want to convince someone they need what you have versus telling them to buy what you have. The old, I bet I have something you need, telling someone to write on a piece of paper. They say they don't have a pen, you offer one.
    Romance in NYC - A Short film shot ENTIRELY on the iPhone 6: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ne/backers