A Brief History of Kickstarter
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

A Brief History of Kickstarter

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Very cool!

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • FUNGirl3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: A Brief History of Kickstarter

by FUNGirl3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Happy 5th Birthday Kickstarter!!! To many many more!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Yea - hard to believe they've only been around for 5 years and have already had such a big impact.
  • DemetriusVilla
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DemetriusVilla » Fri May 02, 2014 3:28 am

Time flies, I remember just a few years ago when a friend in school told me about this and I thought it was just a nothing site. Who knew it would found things like Oculus Rift and Veronica Mars.
    ___
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 am

That was a great post, Sal. It seems such a short period of time, but as we all know, internet/Kickstarter time feels like Double Dog Years.....so that is why it feels like 70 years ago!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon May 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Yea - the time it takes to build something awesome and meaningful is decreasing. Kickstarter proves you can do it in a few short years! Welcome back Uly! How's life?
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue May 06, 2014 2:58 am

A struggle, my friend!

Went from frying pan into the fire with the day job situation and have been focused on trying to find a much better job. . .also I have been focused on creating my website.

I just have to say that Squarespace is awesome, I highly recomend them. The templates are amazing, but offer so many choices that I would often spend hours on a shade of grey and DAYS on fonts!!!

Sadly, I am months behind where I want to be in 2014. I had planned on having a smallish campaign around now. . .that has not happned!! But, I most likely will just go all out and focus on the big project I had planned for late 2014 and hopefully some people will still remember me!

But, sadly, the work thing has sapped my joy and energy. You get so much fire from running a campaign, it would be wrong and false to throw something up--just for the sake of that feeling. The nature of my craft is this: the demands of my style do not offer a chance to "not be into it" and anything I produce displays my inner life. Art is a reflection of your inner world. . .and anything made in haste or without authenticty is nothing that should be shared, let alone expected to garner financial or emtoional support.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri May 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Yea Squarespace is pretty awesome! I haven't used them personally, but I have heard great things! Sorry to hear about your day job. Hope you find something else quickly. Yea, I would wait until you can fully devote time to it and hold off for the bigger project. Be sure to share your website with us when you have it up.
  • EsDonatas
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EsDonatas » Fri May 09, 2014 6:50 pm

I think that success is very close to / the same as determination. These guys were probably working days and nights to build the Kickstarter platform. Same should be true for us. If you have an idea, just keep going to finish with it!
  • HedronLLC
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by HedronLLC » Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Kickstarter really has come a long way since its first days online. I think Kickstarter really paved the way for start up companies and have helped them greatly to get there idea pitched to the world!