7/11 stories
  • barnabyhazen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

7/11 stories

by barnabyhazen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 am

Hey All -- Just wanted to point out that this is intended to be an ongoing journal down the road. I look forward to hearing from other writers. The idea that stories begin in strange places is nothing new, but that 7/11 and other convenience stores hold many hidden gems is a hot idea, and I hope if any writers see this campaign, you will look at it as an opportunity to lift this idea into another couple volumes at least, with your own work included. Can't you see Conan and Craig Fergusun getting interested in this? I can and will:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bar ... rt-stories

CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: 7/11 stories

by CrowdFund Genius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:39 pm

I really like this idea, and I really think you could meet your goal, not in three days, But now is the time to let your backers know how to contact you, or get their information so you can let them know when we try this again for round 2. I think from a marketing stand point you really could run with this.
    Think how well the pictures from Walmart do. There all over the place it seems weekly I get an email from someone in regards to crazy people at Walmart. Create a hashtag, FB page, twitter account, and start going to town with crazy pictures of people from 7/11. You could really do well on Instagram with this, and start running a few promoted posts and let people know what the hashtag is and where to submit the photos. Run a contest for the crazies people of 7/11 to build momentum. Feel free to contact me anytime at the links below my signature. Good Luck!

CrowdFund Genius
    Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 pm

@barnaby Sorry to see that your project is struggling a bit with three days to go. Do you plan to relaunch if you are not successful?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • barnabyhazen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by barnabyhazen » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Not giving up yet, there are lots of art collectors around here and I just got a write up in both Taos and Alb. One painting and I'm in. If it doesn't fly I'll cross that bridge but probably no more until summer, I'm a teacher by trade and have to be on break to even think about such a thing -- thanks guys, B
  • barnabyhazen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by barnabyhazen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:15 am

Crowdfund genious and Sal -- thanks for the thoughts. I will keep your info. A second round of this could be more addressed to writers, so the first volume isn't just my work. The tricky thing is how picky I'll be about what goes in. I want to get writers interested, and supporting in $$, but ethically, and I can tell you a lot of stories wouldn't get in, so maybe the contest idea would be a good way to go before the launch. Plenty to think about, but those art collectors are around, and my article is up locally so cross your fingers for me please --
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Cool. Let me know if have any thoughts you'd like my input on if you decide to relaunch. I agree that you shouldn't give up. Never know what your promotional activities can yield or if you will meet someone online that will be helpful in this campaign or your next.

If you relaunch closer to the summer, be sure to try out PitchFuse. J.A. and I will be working hard to get attention to the pre-launch campaigns on the platform.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.