5 Kickstarter Mistakes You Should Avoid
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 5 Kickstarter Mistakes You Should Avoid

by sbriggman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm

MichaelTumey wrote:
    That's how my Kickstarter began. Incidentally, I'm 4 days into the Kickstarter and 2/3rds to goal!

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal! That's a great story too :).

Drayton Alan wrote:Ok, if I had discovered the cure to cancer this is all well and good but really I just want to share something I've made and get it out to those who might enjoy it. Is there room for those of us who aren't trying to change the world with our project? Since I already am doing that through the volunteer work that I do. Or do we have to live in a world run by marketing everything?

I think that's pretty awesome regarding "get it out to those who might enjoy it." That's the best kind of mindset to have going in - that there is a group of people who would benefit from this product or service. In my opinion, marketing is simply, as you said, getting the word out to THAT group of people.

In this sense, I do think we live in a world run by sales/marketing, because it's rare that people will find out about your project or product that will improve their life, unless you specifically take action to make it so.

Like you said, I don't think every project has to be a "change the world in a big way" kind of project. In my opinion, projects or products that change the world for a small group of people are sometimes the most meaningful. At the end of the day, if you are creating something that will benefit someone else, I think you are improving the world on some scale.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Scot-Tie.com
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: 5 Kickstarter Mistakes You Should Avoid

by Scot-Tie.com » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:47 pm

I am 2 days into a 10 day campaign for my men's neckwear line: http://tinyurl.com/NewScotTie. I am at 10% of my goal. Is this good, average, or poor?