$12,000 in first 9 hours
  • Bluejay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

$12,000 in first 9 hours

by Bluejay » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Hey everybody, we just launched our project today, and already collected $12,000 in the first 9 hours :D I guess all the hard work is paying off.

You can check our campaign HERE

One of the most important things we did was to validate product before going to Kickstarter. So we set up testing website where we presented our product and it looked like you could actually buy it (we did 3D renders and everything). But instead of actually buying the product we gave discount codes for future retail purchases to visitors. That is how we could test all the features on the website: we changed everything from images, texts, positions of the elements, price, color ... and then measured how well visitors converted. We measured that by GA, click heat code and our custom code which tracked how fast you scrolled through page. In 2 months time, we optimized product presentation and our FB ads (that is where we "collected" our traffic) and calculated our payed CAC. Only then we started to prepare for Kickstarter and use this knowledge to optimize the campaign.

Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: $12,000 in first 9 hours

by Backertree » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

Hey BlueJay, Congratulations on reaching such great numbers in your first day of going live. I will be sure to share your campaign weekly on our Twitter profiles and will pass on the link to a few of my email subscribers who have expressed interest in similar campaigns.

I actually reached out to your via Twitter a few days ago offering you some free support with your campaign so if you are looking for ideas on additional ways to promote your campaign or if you have any questions about the crowdfunding process you can get in touch with me by replying to this post, sending me a private message, or emailing me directly.

All the best with BlueJay!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
  • Finallyproducts
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Finallyproducts » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Congrats!! Would you recommend hiring 3rd party press and social media promoters?
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Bluejay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Bluejay » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Finallyproducts wrote:Congrats!! Would you recommend hiring 3rd party press and social media promoters?

Actually not, we recommend using different tools to search for influencers and promoters such as ninjaoutreach.org and Tweepi and just building database of followers and influencers you can contact them and offer them referral program (for example through kickbooster.me or through your own platform). You also just search for magazines and media outlets through those tools or just plain googling and then send press kits (with embargo) a week before launch (use Gmass tool to send mass emails from Gmail).
  • Bluejay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Bluejay » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Hey everybody,

just wanted to tell you we launched on ProductHunt :)

If you can please check us out and tell us what you think ;)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Congrats on raising $137,000+!! That's awesome. Do you have any advice to pass on?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.