11% with 23 days to go [Thunderclap]
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

11% with 23 days to go [Thunderclap]

by MochShot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:54 am

Hey everyone,

I just launched my '2D/3D' RPG for Android/IOS a couple days ago on 'Thunderclap.it' -- it's a great site for small companies to reach out to a lot of people using social media.

I am using Thunderclap to pre-promote my Kickstarter launch [Feb.14th]. I am hoping that enough RPG fans can find this page and share it with the rest of their friends. We have a great portion of our game done and we want you to perfect it with us.

It's the best of both worlds -- 80s/90s babies like myself will love a RPG on their 'new aged gameboys', and those just getting their new phones will have a great game on a handheld device (like we did with Zelda and Pokemon).

Take a look and see how the possibilities for this game are endless; This new '3D' design will surely not the socks off of any avid rpg gamer (especially when we have more time and funding to work on it).

Thunderclap Pre-Promotion:https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/21269-azmara-rpg-for-android-ios?locale=en -- let's see us get to 100!

Thanks,
    MochShot

• cowlishaw
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: 11% with 23 days to go [Thunderclap]

by cowlishaw » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm

It's not that easy to get things off the ground! I'm learning that!

Nate
    Nathan Cowlishaw - Photographer - I've got GRRREAT Rewards for Backers. :)
    The Great Southwestern Suzuki Adventure - 115% funded - 8 days left! !
    http://tinyurl.com/southwestadventure
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Wow, amazing photos. Best of luck on the rest of your project -- maybe show off some work on DeviantArt if you haven't done so already? You might find a few people who will pledge just for the photos.

Mochshot
  • uttoransen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by uttoransen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 am

Hey MochShot,

Great idea to run a crowd speaking campaign in advance to create the buzz for your crowd funding campaign.

Wishing you all the best,
    thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,
    We back and promote every Crowd Funding Campaign posted on our Crowd Speaking website.
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:27 am

Thanks Uttoran Sen,

I am learning quickly just like 'cowlishaw' that its not easy finding your audience online. From what I have found, most of the people I am attracting are individuals like myself (people with projects looking for their audience). I am afraid that those I have attracted were 'flipping through the pages' and won't see a post or notice that we are on Kickstarter once we launch.

I have tried various forums but I haven't seen much come from it in terms of talking about the game itself. Thunderclap is a great idea but it is no different thank Kickstarter after everything is said and done.

I really wish I had made a dev blog when we were working full time on developing --- that way I would have attracted more people come this point in time.. but now it seems I am just throwing posts into a sea of internet webs, never to be seen by someone who might like the game.

Can use all the support I can get, thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.

P.S. As for Thunderclap -- we have remained at 11% for quite a few days. I was testing to see if any source outside of my circle of friends on FB would show up there... but nothing so far. Ill get a few more from facebook but it's disheartening to see no supporters elsewhere

MochShot
    http://www.rollplaygamesltd.com
  • uttoransen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by uttoransen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 am

Hey MochShot,

Thanks for the follow up and yes, I can understand what you mean. None of it is easy.

I do run a crowd speaking site myself and we have helped several campaigns to get successfully funded. But mostly it is about budget and hard work.

I see a lot of images on your campaign, that is something that can be leveraged. Other than that it is really down to your connections. And if you don't have that, then it is back to your budget that can be used to promote via paid ads.

Feel free to connect with me via Skype if you want more help,

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,
    We back and promote every Crowd Funding Campaign posted on our Crowd Speaking website.
  • mentics
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mentics » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 am

I've had a Thunderclap campaign up for about a week now and seeing no response despite some promotion. I'm wondering if it's such a new thing, people don't know what it is and just leave it. Also, unfortunately, their site is poorly designed to encourage user action.
    http://quipgame.com | Exploring new concepts and creating games
  • Ayudos.com
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ayudos.com » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:23 am

Hey just shared your Thunderclap on our Twitter account, http://twitter.com/_ayudos.

Hope it helps! good luck.
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:56 am