Post Reply 65 posts
Just Curious...What Would You Back?
    diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Just Curious...What Would You Back?

by diynf » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

Hi all,

My name is Sally and I am currently in the process of launching my Kickstarter campaign but I was curious of others ideas of the ¨perfect¨ Kickstarter Project. So! If you could choose anything in the world (imagine big here) that you could back as a Kickstarter project, what would it be???

RWP

Re: Just Curious...What Would You Back?

by RWP » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Hey Sally!

This is a huge opinion post. It definitely has to be based on what people enjoy. I personally like backing projects that help inspire people and make a difference on others. As long as I can see the difference a certain project will make I'll probably back it. Pretty much anything that will make someone smile, or inspire them to do something bigger. And if you don't mind, check out my idea of a project and tell me what you think!

help-make-a-girl-smile-t3060.html
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:14 pm

One of the things that I've noticed recently is that I tend to be compelled to back projects when they invoke some kind of emotion (usually from watching the video).

Usually the emotion is like "Woah that's so cool!" or make me laugh or make me feel like the cause is important.

I will back creators at token supporter tiers if I like them or to show basic support, but usually only the upper tiers for the above reasons.

If there was a perfect project, I would want something like the 3d interactive screens in the iron man movies when he builds prototypes of things.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • SomewhereOutThere

by SomewhereOutThere » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:13 am

I would love to find more projects like mine, that are just geared toward spreading happiness in the world in a random way.
    diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by diynf » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:18 am

Hey RWP!

Thats cool. I would also back projects that are geared towards happiness and spreading it, much like @SomewhereOutThere said, just spreading happiness especially in random ways. I have a friend whose facebook is geared towards random challenges each week that spread love and happiness, its cool. But yeah, your project sounds pretty good and realistic. I hope you have great success with it and I hope you two get together ;-]
    -Sally
    diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by diynf » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 am

@Salvador
    I would definitely have to agree that the projects that appear most compelling and appealing are the ones that invoke some sort of emotion or wonder. Much like a book that needs to captivate the reader in the first couple pages, I tend to be drawn towards projects that do the same. Also as my previous post says, projects that overall focus on spreading awareness of human connection and happiness. I´m glad sites like Kickstarter exists so that people have an outlet to attempt to do this. Its refreshing!
    -Sally
  • Sigmund3rd
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Sigmund3rd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:39 am

I've backed about 45 projects (36 were successful) and I tend towards cool gadgets - so I'm looking for something interesting and unique. Still, I have also backed projects that captured my imagination for being new and unique - even if I have no need for what they are creating.

I don't tend to look at helping almost-made-it projects. With all the early bird offers being used, I actually tend to look at just-published projects, which has the side affect of helping them get noticed early.
  • Ildiko Davis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ildiko Davis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:54 pm

I tend to follow my emotions as a guide and support projects that move me in some way. Whether it is to support a friend's dream or projects that offer help for many more people - I tend to resonate most to projects that have personal stories behind, which help me imagine the significance of the project to the people involved.

I also have supported projects that promised to have positive environmental impact by sharing around in social media, but hasn't backed them financially myself.

Perhaps my preference to support people, as opposed to products, is something to do with my belief that happiness does not mainly lie in having better material things, but in having better relationships, more connection with nature and more meaningful lives.
    BumptoBaby

by BumptoBaby » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 pm

The projects I've backed have changed since I found Kickstarter. Initially it was projects that I really liked the idea, so some products and practical things. Although I have backed a lot of board games :) I love playing board games. I also like to support local, so when I can I look through the Australian projects. All in all, if it's a great product that I could use I would back it, I haven't backed people just to show support, though I am sure this will change because now I know how much people put into a project first hand!
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.
    diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by diynf » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 am

Ildiko Davis wrote:I tend to follow my emotions as a guide and support projects that move me in some way. Whether it is to support a friend's dream or projects that offer help for many more people - I tend to resonate most to projects that have personal stories behind, which help me imagine the significance of the project to the people involved.

I also have supported projects that promised to have positive environmental impact by sharing around in social media, but hasn't backed them financially myself.

Perhaps my preference to support people, as opposed to products, is something to do with my belief that happiness does not mainly lie in having better material things, but in having better relationships, more connection with nature and more meaningful lives.

Hi Idiko,
    I love what you´ve said here. I would have to agree that I resonate with projects that have personal stories behind them, which tends to be by supporting people themselves as opposed to products. It´s a good belief to have that happiness comes from having better relationships, more connection with nature, and meaningful lives. Hoping that our kickstarter DIYNF can help bring people together through healthy and natural food and living. Nice post!
    -Sally
Post Reply 65 posts