Just Curious...What Would You Back?
    diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Just Curious...What Would You Back?

by diynf » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 am

BumptoBaby wrote: All in all, if it's a great product that I could use I would back it, I haven't backed people just to show support, though I am sure this will change because now I know how much people put into a project first hand!

Hey there BumptoBaby,
    I agree with you here. Working on this Kickstarter campaign, I´ve realized the incredible amount of work, time, and energy that goes into launching a campaign. And it´s not just a process that begins and ends, its ongoing. There´s pre-launch work, launch day work, work after launch day, and then work after you even get successfully funded. The hard work of course pays off however. I must say that I am glad I am going through this project as it has taught me the value of hard work with regards to crowdfunding. Because of that, I´m sure to support people more, be it through sharing or what have you.
    -Sally

• whiteanubis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by whiteanubis » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:32 pm

I will support a project about something related with sustainability or eco-friendly things :)... build a better world is in our hands.
    BumptoBaby

by BumptoBaby » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 pm

diynf wrote:I agree with you here. Working on this Kickstarter campaign, I´ve realized the incredible amount of work, time, and energy that goes into launching a campaign. And it´s not just a process that begins and ends, its ongoing. There´s pre-launch work, launch day work, work after launch day, and then work after you even get successfully funded. The hard work of course pays off however. I must say that I am glad I am going through this project as it has taught me the value of hard work with regards to crowdfunding. Because of that, I´m sure to support people more, be it through sharing or what have you.
    -Sally

Well said Sally! Also, it's nice to be privy to that side of things, I guess there is a mutual respect for kickstarter creators and supporters alike, so it's great to be able to help someone's project happen :D
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.
    savorthememories
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by savorthememories » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:28 am

I am pretty new to KickStarter and backing campaigns. I also love backing crafty and meaningful projects that have a story behind them (and technology items). One of the most recent projects I have backed is Bourbon Barrel Pens upcycled from real, used Bourbon Barrels - his pens are beautiful AND he is upcycling barrels that would go to landfills. Take a look he only has a couple days left of his campaign. :arrow: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... sed-bourbo
    ♥ Unique Photo Charms & Lockets ♥ by SavorTheMemories
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/savorthememories/unique-photo-charms-and-lockets

diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by diynf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 am

savorthememories wrote:One of the most recent projects I have backed is Bourbon Barrel Pens upcycled from real, used Bourbon Barrels - his pens are beautiful AND he is upcycling barrels that would go to landfills. Take a look he only has a couple days left of his campaign. :arrow: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... sed-bourbo

Wow, those pens are beautiful. I´m glad that they reached their funding goal. I also agree with you on meaningful projects, I think that a project with meaning that the viewer/potential backer can feel are worth backing. Thanks for the input! Best of luck to you
    -Sally
  • AltaChurch
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AltaChurch » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:35 am

I have run many campaigns on kickstarts forum. I am telling you that I will come in this forum again with my new projects. At present I am doing a campaign for my product Fancy Clone and this is really very beneficial for me.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 pm

AltaChurch wrote:I have run many campaigns on kickstarts forum. I am telling you that I will come in this forum again with my new projects. At present I am doing a campaign for my product Fancy Clone and this is really very beneficial for me.

At present, you're not providing a link to it, so when you post about it, you're less likely to gain traction from forum viewers.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Rafiki
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rafiki » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Empathy plays a big role in my choices.
  • RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RICSB » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi, Sally,

Best of luck with your launch. I'm new to kickstarter and have found that browsing and finging things I find interesting encourages me to doante a dollar. I know this is not what the posters are looking for whenj looking to fully fund a project, but to me it is a start. Imagine if everyone donated a dollar to a project.
  • jmeshe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jmeshe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 am

Hi Sally!

I usually back a kickstarter in order to support a friend or because I am interested in the topic of the campaign. Like right now I'm really into mugs and have backed a few different potters who are working on getting their studios up and running. Very exciting for me to help them and to get a handmade mug out of it!

Win win!
    Mug Life Project—https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jmeshe/mug-life-project/