How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • Artisanal Pride
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by Artisanal Pride » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 pm

We've backed around 30 projects in the last month. As eager as we are to succeed in our new Kickstarter venture, we're just as eager to see other people be successful. And some of the projects are absolutely genius ideas!

• Splash pitman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Splash pitman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:56 pm

My reasons for backing are two fold , firstly I like the idea of helping people archive there potential in creating something that will earn them a living , secondly I view kickstarter as a department store that sells unique products that you may not see the likes of anywhere else and in most cases can get it at a heavily discounted price .
  • tealnewcomb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --
    Location: I live in Bogota Colombia, but I visit Michigan often, I run my KS projects from there.

by tealnewcomb » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am

Only 12! I'd love to back more, but I've been super tight on money these last few years, I'm a sad puppy without a lot of fun money.

I'm an artist, I have a lot of artist friends, so I usually end up backing artsy projects. I try to do what I can to pledge at least a little every time a friend runs a project, or I see something really cool, even if my $5 - $10 pledge isn't enough to pick up much of a reward if any.
  • fractalcomic
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by fractalcomic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:36 am

I've backed two projects so far. One bluetooth chip for Arduino development by Kytelabs called BLEduino. One video game called Civitas. The BLEduino was funded successfully, and I backed it since prior to this there were no easy way to develop bluetooth devices with the Arduino, or most other microprocessors for that matter.

I backed Civitas because after SimCity was a let down, there was a lack of city builder games. This project ended up getting canceled as the developer received commercial backing outside of Kickstarter.
    Fractal - Upcoming SciFi Comic Book Mini-Series
    http://FractalComic.com
    tina-m
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tina-m » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 am

I've backed 28. :) A few different things catch my eye really. I like to support other fine artist campaigns because I like supporting the arts generally and I know other artists helped fund me at low levels. As a gamer, I do back some gaming stuff rather impulsively! And comic book things too. Just because of the nature of things I like it tends to be smaller companies or individual makers/artists/writers.

I'm less keen on gadgets and technology. Mainly because I really really have to need the product to be convinced.

Some of my backing is based on my own campaigns. I like to give back and try to give about 5% of my own fundraising to other projects.
  • yyyaazzyyy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by yyyaazzyyy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 am

I believe that there are many talented filmmakers out there but lately, major studios have only been making movies for the sake of box office profits. We need to support independent filmmakers because they are the ones keeping the art alive!

I've recently funded a horror film with a very innovative experience- depending on who you are and where you come from, there is a different theme/interpretation offered. Horror films are effective in provoking thought because they are, from my own experiences, the only films to have the audience be simultaneously concerned for not only the emotional well-being of the characters, but also YOUR own!!! LOL. I've grown to love horror films and can't wait to see this project come alive!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/71 ... orror-film
  • RSacdalan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by RSacdalan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi there,

I've backed two Kickstarter projects and one Indigogo.

The first project is a super-hero comic book illustrated by several artists that simply caught my eye (and I'm a sucker for a good comic book / graphic novel).

The second project is for a very interesting pen that can be use with any type of liquid, such as wine, stains and of course ink. I met the creator at a 3D printer group and it seemed to be a nice idea worth backing.

The last project was a friend needing funds to attend a Jim Henson workshop (Muppets). Friends with dreams are worth supporting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pa ... e-volume-o
  • TECHTUTORS
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TECHTUTORS » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:46 pm

I like community orientated projects - so I can see the results happen
  • flyingbear28
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by flyingbear28 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:21 pm

I have backed 5 projects and have found the 6th project I am going to back. I enjoy helping people out and finding new products that should be available for everyone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ed-bow-tie
  • bpierpont89
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bpierpont89 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 pm

2. I would back more, but I just recently discovered Kickstarter. I really like the Games on Kickstarter, it's interesting to see what people come up with.