Post Reply 363 posts
How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • dbeaudreau
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by dbeaudreau » Sun May 03, 2015 11:58 am

I have backed about 5 projects so far, but have only known about kickstarter for a few months. It's a great idea and shows the creativity of a huge community.

• NSN
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by NSN » Mon May 04, 2015 9:58 am

Frankie, that's awesome! You have a great passion to make a difference and help others to go after their dreams! I went to your site and found a ton of great articles. Found the crowdfunding article extremely helpful, thank you for linking it there!
    I just launched my own campaign and am devouring everything that can potentially help us reach the goal. As for the laugh (and also important message) I hope you will enjoy our pilot episode we released with the campaign. :lol:

http://goo.gl/iwJavy

Best,
    Anya
  • mariorosa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mariorosa » Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am

I've backed several projects now and all were art or music related. I think crowdfunding is a great way to give power to artists and creators and give them a chance to get their artist endeavor out to the world.
  • OWLTAC
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OWLTAC » Tue May 05, 2015 7:07 am

I have backed 6 projects to help them bring a great idea to reality.
  • ASione
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ASione » Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 pm

I usually only back things that I believe in, and they must have specifics like a roadmap of how they are going to use the money.
  • sara
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sara » Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 pm

I have only backed one project! but i really believe in the potential of crowdfunding :) That's why I am currently writing my Master Thesis on the motivation that lead people to use these platforms!
    Actually, I would be very grateful if you could help me out with this... I need to do some interviews (like 10/15 minutes tops) about the motivations behind crowdfunding, the kind of projects you have backed and so on..
    I swear it won't take long and your help would mean a lot!
  • Zipgun
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zipgun » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 am

I've backed 47 projects, but a couple were reboots.

Generally I back game projects that I am interested in.
  • 1PAKDRM
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by 1PAKDRM » Sun May 10, 2015 10:11 am

Because crowd funding is relatively new to me, I have only backed 2 projects. One did not reach the funding goal and the other, a book about shelter dogs called ASTRAY. The shelter dog book is in production now and I pledged enough to qualify to get a copy of it.

The reason I pledged to my first Kickstarter, the one that didn't reach funding, was that I wanted to experience the Kickstarter process from the pledge/funder side because I knew that I was going to be creating a campaign right away. You can see my campaign here... bit.ly/1PAKDRM. I list it here because it is another major reason I donated.

The second project drew my attention and I pledged because there is a special place in my heart for animals and animal welfare.
  • Artisanal Pride
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Artisanal Pride » Sun May 10, 2015 9:44 pm

I am new to Kickstarter but so far I have backed projects where the people who created the projects shine with passion!
    Elivatix
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Elivatix » Wed May 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi,

I just got into the whole crowdfunding business and have only backed two projects. However, I like to back projects that use an innovative technology or that are designed really sleek. I also like when its an actual "project" of several people instead of a "full finished product" that is created by a "bigger" company.
    LunaLuxx levitating lamp is awesome! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... /lunaluxx/
Post Reply 363 posts